Gen 2 stage 1 turbo bike

Did you ever check/change plugs before going back to the dyno? Where is your afr now under boost?

156mph seems about on par for 250-260whp bike.

Never got back on the dyno. I did put new plugs in and they looked good. Not melted or lean looking. I replaced the wideband sensor and at 7-8 psi it stays around mid to high 11 afr.

I would like to buy a power commander and use my auto tune and pod 300 to log. Also to change my part throttle as it's stupid rich at part throttle and idle. So I would like to get a power commander to adjust that myself plus with the pod 300 I can log and watch more stuff. Plus be able to watch my tach and speedo.

Never got back on the dyno. I did put new plugs in and they looked good. Not melted or lean looking. I replaced the wideband sensor and at 7-8 psi it stays around mid to high 11 afr.

I would like to buy a power commander and use my auto tune and pod 300 to log. Also to change my part throttle as it's stupid rich at part throttle and idle. So I would like to get a power commander to adjust that myself plus with the pod 300 I can log and watch more stuff. Plus be able to watch my tach and speedo.
omg... no auto tune please...… these tuners make a living dialing in these things man.... think about ure job.... could a rookie do it as well as u can?

omg... no auto tune please...… these tuners make a living dialing in these things man.... think about ure job.... could a rookie do it as well as u can?

OMG auto tune noooooo. With power commander you need auto tune to see afr. I want to ditch my afr gauge that's on my bike. As its in the way of my tach and shift light. So with a power commander, pod 300, and auto tune I can log everything I want and watch more stuff. I wouldn't rely on auto tune to tune the bike. But would rely on it to show me afr.

I like when people use auto tune on turbo bikes. Means I have an engine build in my future if they don’t take my warnings seriously- I’m kidding.

But seriously on a NA bike they’re fine. Doing wot pulls on a turbo bike is a melt piston situation. They’re just not fast enough.

However you can use autotune on turbo bikes for cruising and part throttle areas safely. That’s it.

I like when people use auto tune on turbo bikes. Means I have an engine build in my future if they don’t take my warnings seriously- I’m kidding.

But seriously on a NA bike they’re fine. Doing wot pulls on a turbo bike is a melt piston situation. They’re just not fast enough.

However you can use autotune on turbo bikes for cruising and part throttle areas safely. That’s it.

Agreed. I am not using auto tune to let it tune the bike. Using it to watch the afr and log. Cause right now I can't rely on my aem wideband. As its eating sensors after a couple of hours. Plus I like the pod 300 as I can see more stuff and log with that.

Agreed. I am not using auto tune to let it tune the bike. Using it to watch the afr and log. Cause right now I can't rely on my aem wideband. As its eating sensors after a couple of hours. Plus I like the pod 300 as I can see more stuff and log with that.
shipping and a good tune is the best money u could ever spend.... its the equivalent of wearing a condom.... after a great tune... u can hit it as hard as u want to... no fear/no lingering questions/ and then if anything goes wrong at least u have someone to talk to....

shipping and a good tune is the best money u could ever spend.... its the equivalent of wearing a condom.... after a great tune... u can hit it as hard as u want to... no fear/no lingering questions/ and then if anything goes wrong at least u have someone to talk to....

You just never listen. We already talked about this.

You just never listen. We already talked about this.
ok... I heard u say u were gonna build the motor at a later date and have it tuned then.... im just saying its a bad idea to be drag racing and pushing that bike with an iffy tune....the money u would spend on a PC and other systems would be comparable to a real tune and u wouldn't need a wideband...

Last edited:
The tune was iffy at 4.5 psi. I put a new waste gate on the bike and it had a 7 psi spring in it. I got a new wide band sensor and it what was showing me 11s afr. So should be better then the 12.5 it's was tuned at. I plan on doing the motor over winter. Actually the whole bike is getting a do over. Pc is only 350 bucks. And I have all the other stuff like auto tune and pod 300. Shipping my bike to rob or frank is 700 one way. That's what I was quoted. But I do plan on using one of them cause I don't have anyone close that can tune a turbo bike proper.

Side note. The guy that tuned my bike built a turbo busa for a local guy. Bike made 275 on pump gas. My buddy raced him from 40 to 170 on his gen 4 zx10r and beat him. Turbo bike wasn't spinning.

The tune was iffy at 4.5 psi. I put a new waste gate on the bike and it had a 7 psi spring in it. I got a new wide band sensor and it what was showing me 11s afr. So should be better then the 12.5 it's was tuned at. I plan on doing the motor over winter. Actually the whole bike is getting a do over. Pc is only 350 bucks. And I have all the other stuff like auto tune and pod 300. Shipping my bike to rob or frank is 700 one way. That's what I was quoted. But I do plan on using one of them cause I don't have anyone close that can tune a turbo bike proper.

Side note. The guy that tuned my bike built a turbo busa for a local guy. Bike made 275 on pump gas. My buddy raced him from 40 to 170 on his gen 4 zx10r and beat him. Turbo bike wasn't spinning.
what state r u in?

374 average to boosted cycle in houston.... and again... WILL BE lower after the bids come in.... pick ure turbo expert... nowhere near 700 one way... uship.com.... alllll these companies bid... its GREAT

on a side note.... if u find out who is bidding... u can do a lil homework and call them direct and screw uship outta their 30 dollar fee... and work out a side deal for shipping both ways.... u could get an amazing deal.. paying cash often speaks loudly to these guys and gets even better deals... I tell them I don't need a receipt.

Last edited:
on a side note.... if u find out who is bidding... u can do a lil homework and call them direct and screw uship outta their 30 dollar fee... and work out a side deal for shipping both ways.... u could get an amazing deal.. paying cash often speaks loudly to these guys and gets even better deals... I tell them I don't need a receipt.

I am not going to ship my bike right now just for a tune. I am sure I would be happy with a good tune. But this thing is slow. So just going to do one more track day till my track bike i's fixed. Then park this thing and talk to one of the guys and brainstorm what direction I want to go. If this thing is making 250 whp now then 300 isn't going to be enough for me. I would like to be in the mid 350s at less. But I want to look at turbo options.

I am not going to ship my bike right now just for a tune. I am sure I would be happy with a good tune. But this thing is slow. So just going to do one more track day till my track bike i's fixed. Then park this thing and talk to one of the guys and brainstorm what direction I want to go. If this thing is making 250 whp now then 300 isn't going to be enough for me. I would like to be in the mid 350s at less. But I want to look at turbo options.
good luck... don't forget the wedding.

Back