Gen 2 stage 1 turbo bike

This was my 1st pull on the bike with just wastegate spring 5psi. Bike made 220whp. I probably short shifted a gear or 2 and the bike is geared 18 40 right now.

5A3C2819-8E56-4D3C-987F-725229CFA9AC.png

Another thing to help make the bike faster is to cut some weight off the bike. Bar ends is a easy pound and half off the bike, core moto front wheel took 4 pounds off, delete one rotor and caliper was 6.5 pounds off, light weight battery was 4 pounds off the bike and new foot pegs saved me 1 pound. Those were all the cheap mods I could do. Core Moto wheel ain’t cheap but it came off my drag bike and was not be used. Next on the list is light weight subframe which should save me about 7 pounds. Over winter I do plan trimming more weight with new triple tree, steering stabilizer, gas tank and shell, and headlight delete.

Finally fixed the bike again. Had a problem with the boost controller not working do to the install that someone did. I made some adjustments to the ramp in and did some testing. It’s getting faster. On setting 3 it’s a little to spicy and wheelies in 2nd gear. Pretty happy with we’re the bike is at for only making 10 pulls. It’s going to start getting harder from here. Bike is sitting at 65 wb and hasn’t spun the tire but it’s does wheelies.

9380CF85-2A66-47D3-8B46-96F560BCA3EC.png

More weight savings this week. I bought a jl design subframe. It was $415 big ones and it’s a nice piece for the money and saved a lot of weight for the money. Jl design stuff is good stuff and it work and it’s at a cheap price compared to other peoples stuff. It’s not perfect by any means and you sometimes have to fix or modify the stuff.

I weighed the bike on the bathroom scale and it comes out to 528 pounds with a full tank of gas and 1 gallon of boost juice. So with a empty tank the bike should weigh under 500 pounds. I would like to see the bike weigh under 500 pounds with a full tank of fuel.

48B6605D-769D-49FC-BA5D-317E00AB5240.jpeg

61370993-3682-4068-8C11-27101AA18E06.jpeg

I also got more seat time on the bike and getting a little faster each time out. Bike is having a problem with the 1-2 shift and I think it’s due to the tire just barely spinning. Hopefully a shock adjustment and lowering the boost a little will solve that issue and we can go into the 2.xx.

BE5D2E07-1C67-44C5-946C-0A3A63D7EBA7.png

I also got more seat time on the bike and getting a little faster each time out. Bike is having a problem with the 1-2 shift and I think it’s due to the tire just barely spinning. Hopefully a shock adjustment and lowering the boost a little will solve that issue and we can go into the 2.xx.

View attachment 1654353
Its moving out good! Takes a fast bike to get into the 2s on the street and you are basically there. You should test 100-150 times. what boost setting were you at for this pull? What boost controller? and what power?

Last edited:
Its moving out good! Takes a fast bike to get into the 2s on the street and you are basically there. You should test 100-150 times. what boost setting were you at for this pull? What boost controller? and what power?
I got the ams 2000 pro. I don’t remember what psi I was at for that run. I will post more once I get some things fixed and make some changes. I do know the turbo that’s on the bike it doesn’t make much boost in 1st gear due to the exhaust housing. I see .5 psi at 7000 rpm I will post a log later.

So on that run it was ramped up to 16 psi which is about 330 whp from what Rob said. It reached 16 psi at 100 mph and then I had it flat lined there. Been having shift problems so I haven’t been getting after it and problems with the ams. Next week I will take it out and test more with current gearing. If I don’t get where I want it I will be making a gear change and see what that does. It takes a lot of work and time to dial in a set up. I just wished the turbo spooled up earlier in the rpm. It doesn’t start making boost till 60 mph when you start at 40 mph wot.

So on that run it was ramped up to 16 psi which is about 330 whp from what Rob said. It reached 16 psi at 100 mph and then I had it flat lined there. Been having shift problems so I haven’t been getting after it and problems with the ams. Next week I will take it out and test more with current gearing. If I don’t get where I want it I will be making a gear change and see what that does. It takes a lot of work and time to dial in a set up. I just wished the turbo spooled up earlier in the rpm. It doesn’t start making boost till 60 mph when you start at 40 mph wot.
Big turbo problems!!! Lol. It takes countless hits to get the set up dialed in. On my H2 I probably did over 100 hits adjusting suspension, gearing, wheelbase, tire pressure, gearing, ect before I was consistently in the 2s 60-130. What gearing and tire are you running?

Big turbo problems!!! Lol. It takes countless hits to get the set up dialed in. On my H2 I probably did over 100 hits adjusting suspension, gearing, wheelbase, tire pressure, gearing, ect before I was consistently in the 2s 60-130. What gearing and tire are you running?
It’s really not a big turbo at all it’s just the exhaust side is bigger so it can flow more. So far I have only done 20 pulls. Should make quick work of it now that the ams is set up right. Running a 4 yr old shinko hook up. It’s pretty used up right now. I have a brand new hookup ready to go on soon. Next year I will try a dragmax once I have found the limits of this tire.

It’s really not a big turbo at all it’s just the exhaust side is bigger so it can flow more. So far I have only done 20 pulls. Should make quick work of it now that the ams is set up right. Running a 4 yr old shinko hook up. It’s pretty used up right now. I have a brand new hookup ready to go on soon. Next year I will try a dragmax once I have found the limits of this tire.
What size turbo you running? I dont know how lazy mine will be on the street. Im using a 5558 .82ar for my build. The dragmax is a great tire. I have one sitting at the house im going to throw on my busa when I get it back from rob.

What size turbo you running? I dont know how lazy mine will be on the street. Im using a 5558 .82ar for my build. The dragmax is a great tire. I have one sitting at the house im going to throw on my busa when I get it back from rob.
Rob says the turbo is close to a 30r but it has a 86 exhaust housing. I guess he’s made over 500 with this turbo. My bike made 450 on pump gas.

Back