Loudest BOV for a stage 1 turbo busa???

02BusaAndy

Registered
Hey guys, I am looking to get a blow off valve for my velocity racing stage 1 turbo hayabusa. I am looking for the loudest one I can get, I really want to stand out and be heard. For you turbo guys that are running BOV's, can you tell me which ones you guys are using and possibly post some pictures up. If ya's have a video of how it sounds, that would be great as well. Thanks..

If you want loud, go with the HKS SSQV Version 3. It also wont leak, but I know for us Evo guys, it screws up driveability. If you want a nice BOV that sounds great, still is pretty loud, holds boost, go with the New Tial Q.

I thought about the HKS cause I like the way they sound on cars, I also thought about Tial. I also thought about the RFL BOV, a buddy of mine has it on his EVO and it sounds crazy. Still up in the air and want to get some more imput before I choose..

the RFL turboxs is super quiet being under the tank. i had a video of my bike, u couldnt even hear it go off when youre besides it. hks ssqv only way to go for sound.

i tell yah if i had i turbo, heck yes i would want that thing to be heard blowing off lol so call me a wanna be posser:laugh:

Blow offs kinda go un noticed on turbo bikes. Just for the reasons of you shift way faster then you would driving a car, not allowing enough time for the valve to open. And that's just shifting normally. And the other thing is in order to get it to make a decent amount of sound, you gotta be getting on it pretty good. It's not like fast and furious movie.

Get the HKS, slap that puppy on and post up a vid. Great thing about a Busa is the many aftermarket items out there that allow you to personlaize the bike as your own. I don't think "posser" or "to prove" have anything to do with the OP and his BOV selection.

I can understand why you want it, and I don't see anything wrong with the thought. :thumbsup:

This is my bike when it was a stage 1, with 6psi, running a tial "Q". It's gets real loud the more you turn up the boost.
- ‪Murderedout07's daytime test clip...with a little more boost‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty quiet, but he wasn't really gettin in it. Here yah go.. It's a Hks on his busa...
- ‪hks blow off valve. purple insert. on turbo hayabusa‬‏[/url] vs Tial

....Tial
- ‪BOV busa stage 1 RCC @ 6#‬‏[/url]

Hey I recognize that BOV :laugh: That was back when the engine was stock and only had 6# of boost.

I like the high tech wood 2x4 we propped the tank up with so I could snap a quick video.

I got the HKS SSQ Black on mine I will try and get a video up for you. Running 10 psi at the moment. Loud as hell under full boost! Other riders told me they can hear it when I passed them no one keeps up to hear it next to me lol.

Bigger the turbo the more boost its going to take to really make it stand out. Its not like cars with small turbo's that you can just rev them up and they "blow off" at idle.

I thought about the HKS cause I like the way they sound on cars, I also thought about Tial. I also thought about the RFL BOV, a buddy of mine has it on his EVO and it sounds crazy. Still up in the air and want to get some more imput before I choose..

I had an RFL on my Evo, but they are crap BOV's. They leak under boost. HKS wont leak, but caused me idle issues on my evo, and many other MAF cars. The tial was my overall favorite. Sounded great, didnt effect driveability, and did not leak when under alot of boost.

Back