Blow off valve for a stage 1 velocity system?

vorosha

Registered
Thinking to get a blow off valve for my stage 1 velocity? Anyone has any advice or comments? I heard that it is not recommended to install bov on a stage 1 kit? Is it so? Can something go seriously wrong if I will go on and install it?

Thanks guys!

Ride safe,

Alexei

I have had both the Tial and HKS BOVs.

Functionaly, I believe the Tial is better.

However, the HKS SSQ sounds sweeeet!!!
cool.gif

As for being bad.... I don't know how it could be?
I was under the impression that it was a desirable upgrade..
rock.gif

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

Tial -
BikePics.com

HKS SSQ -
BikePics.com

yepp.... it's a $350 upgrade
cool.gif

http://www.velocityracing.com/core/turbos2005/hayabusa_stage_one.htm

AVAILABLE UPGRADES:
Water injection system $850.00
Full Exhaust with Micron Canister $350.00
2 Stage Boost controller $100.00
Blow off valve $350.00
Heavy Duty Clutch Springs $30.00
For stock oil coolers, lines and adapter fittings $100.00

For more info please contact a Velocity Distributor or call us directly at:

1 - 866 - 4 - 1 - SPEED

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145674934 -->

I have a stage 1 velocity kit on my bike with the HKS bov...A bov is not necessary on the stage 1 but that system can be upgraded to include one, the stage one simply does not make enough boost for the true need of a bov...But the bov really sounds good at high rpm gear changes...

I have a stage 1 velocity kit on my bike with the HKS bov...A bov is not necessary on the stage 1 but that system can be upgraded to include one, the stage one simply does not make enough boost for the true need of a bov...But the bov really sounds good at high rpm gear changes...
Oh..ok...! Thanks!

How much HP does your system produce?

Oh..ok...! Thanks!

I've had some major mods done to my bike over the winter and have not had it on the dyno yet...If you've got the money to blow you'll love the bov...

Oh..ok...! Thanks!

I've had some major mods done to my bike over the winter and have not had it on the dyno yet...If you've got the money to blow you'll love the bov...
thanks a lot...
most probably i will install the bov, since i love that sound it makes. i will try contacting velocity just to double check.

question: how would you compare the power of a stage 1 to a stock busa?

Oh..ok...! Thanks!

thanks a lot...
most probably i will install the bov, since i love that sound it makes. i will try contacting velocity just to double check.

Are you serious?

There is NOOOOO comparison between a Boosted Busa and a stock Busa.

A stage 1 kit is an easy 100hp bolted on... it makes a HUGE difference!

Oh..ok...! Thanks!

thanks a lot...

Are you serious?

Like Cecil said...

You must be in the process of purchasing a kit or you would have not asked that last question...

There's just no comparision to a stock vs boosted bike...Period...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145924687 -->

Oh..ok...! Thanks!

thanks a lot...

Are you serious?

Like Cecil said...

You must be in the process of purchasing a kit or you would have not asked that last question...

There's just no comparision to a stock vs bposted bike...Period...
+ 2!

you guys are right, i haven't been on a turbo bike yet. just about done bulding a custom busa...will post some pix when done.....
mad.gif
cool.gif

you guys are right, i haven't been on a turbo bike yet. just about done bulding a custom busa...will post some pix when done.....
mad.gif
cool.gif
That's why we keep 'em a coming...Knowledge...I just can't translate what I'm trying to say most of the time...However, I do know what I'm talking about...

Back