Gen 2 Busa / ZX14 / C 14 input

Hello Guys been a minute :

OK i have a huge decision to make I have a 06 Busa love it 95% of the time 5 % is the problem (LONG RIDES) is the issue. Advil and 2 days off is needed after 150 mi ride. Who had ridden the ZX 14 or the C 14 and is the added comfort achievable with rear sets and heli risers on the gen 2 t. I really love my bike and want to find a way to keep it or get a gen 2 but i just can't deal with the pain on longer rides . 5'8" 230 lbs all my weight is shoulders and chest area . I know i am over weight no need to say or beat a dead horse. Any one with more knowledge in this would help . Short rides and commuting to work doing 12 18 24 hr shifts and riding home no big deal. I just get beat up on the long rides . Thanks for the info

Chris
get the m109 if u can handle the power. no sportbike will solve the comfort issue

I tried the HELI bars and did not care for them. They are higher and a bit wider but that took my torso further from the tank and I found my back was doing more work to stabilize because I couldn't get into a low crouch as easily.

I put on a Corbin seat which is more comfy and it also dropped the seat height about an inch or so which let me reach more out toward the clip-ons vs. down. It also provides more dynamic tension between my feet, knees, and the tank. My wrist still hurts a bit on interstate droning so I just picked up a Crampbuster. Have not had a chance to try it out yet.

If I was going the higher bar route, I would need to go all the way to superbike bars as the HELIs for me was neither fish nor fowl.

They are giving them away because they are ugly.. plus it's not a great "touring" bike without fairings.

Actually they are great for touring, I can put twice the miles on the King as I can my Busa.

No weight at all on wrist, back is straight up and down, nice ergo's

And the little plastic the bike does have it helps alot with the wind on your legs and other areas.

Until you have ridden one I would not comment:whistle:

ANd its not ugly there unique:thumbsup:

Actually they are great for touring, I can put twice the miles on the King as I can my Busa.

And the little plastic the bike does have it helps alot with the wind on your legs and other areas.

Who say's I haven't ridden one?

unique...:lol: Definately.. :beerchug:

unique and flat out cool. My guess is the Bking will develop a cult following in a few years. How can you beat a Busa in standard bike form.... If my wife would let me get a 2nd bike....Hmmmm......

Try a Genmar riser. They dont change steering geometry, but do raise the bars. I have a 3/4" genmar and it helped me a lot ! :thumbsup:

unique and flat out cool. My guess is the Bking will develop a cult following in a few years. How can you beat a Busa in standard bike form.... If my wife would let me get a 2nd bike....Hmmmm......

Not my bike -just a pic I found when I was considering a B-King. It dresses up quite nicely!

BKing.jpg

<snip>
Gen 1 Gen 2 feel essentially the same is that the case?

COMFORT WISE much about feels the same - but (IMO) the GENII is not as cushy suspension wise and the seat is (substantially?) less 'comfortable.' Otherwise comfort is comparable to me.

(For record - I'm much happier with the GenII platform - except for working on it.)

Thanks for all the input Gonna have 2 think my cousin is coming up to look next SATURDAY. He has always wanted my bike. If he buys it is gonna be the ZX14 or new Busa I have been reading 2 much negative on the c14 most of what i have read people are not 100% happy with the bike they are accepting of it . Tell you though i am leaning toward the 2010 ZX14 for sheer comfort heli bars new rear sets and the connie seat mod guys seam to be very happy and still able to carve and cruse. Thanks again all for the input

C14 is super comfy, a real pleasure to drive at lower speeds. It turns quick to and you have 360 degree vision due to the upright seating position. It lacks power and handling in the higher speed segment though. XZ14 is noticeable more comfy than the Busa and far ahead C14 performance wise.

I have a ZX14 and have driven the Hayabusa too. The ZX14 is more comfortable, but not much. If you are having comfort problems on a busa, I suggest you work out and get into shape (if it's a muscular thing). I agree with "BLESS" - No sport bike will solve the comfort issue.

Chris, I am 53 and have a Gen 2 with the following mods, I also weigh 215lbs. First, I did beull pegs to lower my feet, next I added Convertibars, convertibars.com, and that made a major difference. I got them in black with black lines and it looks great. Next, I went with a touring windscreen low profile, and I changed the suspension, penske rear shock, tracxxion dynamics front forks adjusted to my weight. Last I added a tobin seat and just ordered a seat from Rick Mayer. The bike rides great , no back, palms or shoulder pain at all. I can ride my busa all day long. The only complaint is my ass, which on the Tobin, I can only go about 200 miles before ass gets sore. I am hoping the Rick Mayer custom seat will cure this. This is what it takes to make a Busa a touring bike for us older and heavier guys.

Johnny G thanks for the parts specific info. I will go with your recommendations if i go that way Can you tell me witch model Buell the pegs came from . I an 50/50 Busa / Zx14

The work out thing is covered i do go to the gym on my 4/12 nights every other week on Sat Sun during my day shift the other week I have to play Dad during the M/F week shift no gym right home . My work out is .5 hr stair stepper .5 hr jogging on the treadmill at 5.5 mph to 6 mph . Then i do some leg presses and leg curls i try to hit all the other parts of my body on the opposite Sat SUn workouts.

I just feel i am curling my lower spine up when i ride can"t think of a way but to rest agens something between-me and the crotch / tank area to push my spine out. Will be pulling the trigger on a 2010 mid come october when the new bikes come out.

If there ar any local riders in my area Pm me i do ride all over from Manhattan to Mass. Bear Mt / Maruis Dairy. Would be nice to meet other Busa riders in my general local

Chris

Back