Gearing for strip

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
How will gearing changes affect 1/4 times? I'm running one tooth down on the counter sproc. now. Bike has run a 10.1 @ 109 best (room for driver improvemnt)..with barely no front wheel lift. I have a rear sprocket that is 2 teeth up over stock. SHould I try that or am I going to too much gearing?

I've heard that the bike is the fastest with stock gearing....any input on which way to go???

ALOT OF GUYS RUN 1DOWN 2UP BUT LIKE MR. B SAID, DEPENDS ON YOUR WIEGHT AND WHERE YOUR SHIFTING BEFORE THE TRAPS..

I RUN 1DOWN 4UP I'M 200LBS NAKED 3RD HOLE IN THE DOGBONE LOWERED AND STRAPPED FRONT. 6 INCH OVER ARM.

1.49 TO 1.54 60FOOTS CONSISTANTLY

I run 16/43, 6 over, I weigh about 280 geared up, low 1.6 60's, still not launching hard enough.....

1/4 mile. Shifting into 4th about maybe several hundred feet before the trap (having to guess here cause I'm new at strip and things are happening sorta fast).

I suppose I would like to have the bike pulling close to redline as I cross the traps?? Vice just entering the powerband of another gear.

BTW I weigh in at about 220 with gear.

I weigh about 165 and my gearing is 16/41. This is what works for me. You just have to experimennt and see what you like.

gears are not hard to change if you have enough slack in the chain, just try the 42 since you have it. I bet you will like the results and if not then just change it back out.

109mph??? In the 1/4
rock.gif
My worst mph has been 138 but used to average 142 on stock motor..

I have bought my new bike from my friend k2 model.He made 10.00 with 1.684 60 feet using 16/40.I am thinking about 16/41 or sorter(16/42 16/43)I am about 30 lbs more.I want an e.t about 9.8-9.9 what do you say?The bike have 2 akrapovic slip ons,litlle lowered at front and a very good adjustment the bike is reving much faster

Back