Kicked A$$ At the Drag Strip :)

Lucky34

Registered
Whooohoooo!!! Finally!!! I ran two sub 10 second runs tonight at Gainesville Raceway!!! The First one was a 9.992 @ 138.93 mph !!!
race.gif
I almost $h!t my pants when I saw the slip! It was AWESOME! And then, a few runs later, I ran a 9.973 @ 139.39 mph
muscle.gif

Now, that's no 9.736 @ 142.83mph like Kristen's (for those who remember the "other" thread
wink.gif
), but I'm damn pleased to say that I've run in the 9's now
super.gif

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot... They told me I couldn't run in the 9's anymore
sad.gif
... turns out you need an NHRA license if you're running under 10 secs...

This is my setup:

Me:
I'm 6' tall, 190ish lbs, 215.4lbs with gear.

The Bike:
2005 Rd/Blk Busa with stock front sprocket (17t?) and 43t Rear sprocket (up 3t?), and a Schnitz Strap to lower the front. Other than that, I've got Yoshimura Carbon fiber bolt ons, but those don't affect performance at all... just for looks and sound. I also ran it with the stock windscreen, not the double-bubble. Oh, and the track was in really good condition (they had cleaned it earlier that day because it had rained, and they sprayed the track 2 times throughout the night with the sticky stuff) and I had a brand new 190 Dunlop 208 rear tire. Traction was excelent. Only problem was wheelies. Basically the only "mods" were:
17/43 gearing (+3 teeth on the rear)
Straped front end.

By the way, I think that 17/43 is the ideal gearing, I'm turning over between 10,600 and 11,000 rpms in 4th gear when I pass the traps at the end of the 1/4.

I'll try to post pics of the slips tomorrow!

beerchug.gif

Congrats. Have you considered the new track at Cecil, Georgia? It is first class 1/4 mile, also have 1/2 mile paved circle track there. South Georgia Motorsports Park. AMA Prostar first race there this year and probably next year, great show.

Good job! As a full blown drag addict myself, I assure you that this is nowhere near fast enough for you. Many mods will follow shortly........

Busa Boyz - I had the TRE off when I did those runs, however before strapping the front and putting the 43t sprocket, my fastest time WITH the TRE was 10.18 and without the TRE 10.19. I honestly didn't see much of a difference, but the .org said TRE = bad for 1/4 mile, and the .org knows everything... sooo.. I took it off. And on a scale of 1-10... I don't know... I don't really want to rate myself, but I'd say I'm above average... I'm very comfortable when the bike breaks loose, and I can ride wheelies very well, so I can hit it pretty hard at the track... To the point that either I loose traction, or the front comes up.

Mr Brown - .......
biggrin.gif
...... I'm already thinking about nitrous... I just need the $$.... I had a few hundred $$, but had to use them on a new rear tire... and while the wheel was off, might as well put the 43tooth rear sprocket... and oh, guess what? the brake pads are almost gone... so might as well get new ones now....... So, next time I save up some money I'll get the nitrous... hopefully.... I've been saying that for a few months now, though
tounge.gif
. If money wasn't an issue, this would be my wish list: Big Bore, nitrous, full exhaust, and then an extended swing arm (Don't really want a stretched bike for every day riding... lots of twisties)... now if money REALLY wasn't an issue, I'd get the turbo over the nitous.... or... I could get BOTH
cool.gif

this is me at the track. tre mod is junk at the track, basically makes your bike think that it is in 5th gear all the time so gives you too much gas. my third time at the track was last night, my performance included a .005 reaction time and a 10.10 at 138. runnin a shinko shootout tire, full m4 exhaust, k&n,pair mod., airbox mod. lowered 2in rear and 1 9/16 in front and most important custom pc3 map.

BKM5_08_03_014.jpg

crew illogic, I used to launch in that same position you are in in the picture... not good. Look at how far forward your legs are... try lying down on the tank, and putting your legs as far back as possible... to the point that you're touching the ground with the tip of your toes. That should help your 60' time a lot
wink.gif

And for those of you trying to get into the 9's... it feels GREAT when you finally see that 9 in there
cool.gif

Back