Gear thoughts - Dianese

Angel, is that Komodo jacket perforated? That is one of the item I require....

yessir! It is perforated as well as the 1 pc which is another reson, like you, why I decided on it I was looking for that as a requirement too:thumbsup:

Additionally Komodo, as many jackets , fit snug when you get them but they loosen up wel without compromise...now I can fit a good spine protector in there even WITH the hump thats built in...

The armor is solid...if you remember my 1 pc suit that I typically wear at the bash, the all black, the jacket is exactly the same up to its basically the 1 pc divided into 2 pieces cause you can still buy pants and zip together...

Like I said, if you go the Komodo route let me know I can give you Wayne's cell phone number :thumbsup:

To resurrect an old thread, I finally purchased the Dianese Alien Perf Jacket (Black/Black) and Delta Perf Pants combo (from Revzilla) and wanted to share my experience.

I've never bought from Revzilla, but I was very impressed with their operation and service. Spend lots of time with them on the phone before purchasing and really appreciate the sales reps patience with me. Package arrived in two days. I'm right in between sizes, and the Pants were just too tight. The jacket I ordered (a 54) came on a 54 hanger and bar code tag, but was a 52 when I opened the jacket (stuff like this is expected when purchasing online). Revzilla let me use their 'discount bucks' against the purchase of the thorax and back protector so these basically were free. They emailed me a call tag; received it back in 2 days, and reshipped corrected sizes same day - a 4-day total turnaround for replacement - didn't cost me an additional penny. Great to talk with and I complimented them on both their business practices and competency. I wish our business ran as well as theirs appears to we could learn something from them. Very satisfied customer.

As for the gear is concerned: The Jacket is made of the softest (D-skin) leather that I have ever felt - in either riding gear or even just in regular leather clothing - smells wonderful. It fit like a glove from the first moment I slipped it on - zero break-in. I purchased a 54 so I would have room for the Wave back and Thorax protectors which both fit in pockets and is certainly comfortable armor. The perforation (you can see thru it when you hold it up to the light) allows for airflow in the heat, and has a non-removable "3D liner" that creates air separation between you and the actual jacket. I rode this jacket yesterday in 90-degree, high-humidity Tennesee heat. I am amazed at how well it dissipated the heat. While certainly toasty sitting still, when moving I was comfortable (it passes almost as much air as my full-mesh summer jacket with 3X the protection). Zips to the pants so these could be worn for trackdays.

I now totally understand the difference between the high-end and low-end gear. This stuff is heirloom quality.

I also wear Dianese for everyday riding. I have a winter two piece suit which has a jacket one size larger (for adding layers on cold days) than the summer suit which has perforated jacket and pants.

Good High End stuff that crashes well as an added bonus. :thumbsup:

Hmmm I have a Tourmaster mesh jacket. You guys are saying it will not protect me in a slide? I realize I would throw it away and buy a new one as it would be worn badly, well, this is what I thought anyway. It will not even last one trip off the bike? I also wear Kevlar Draggin Jeans. I need a VERY hot (Florida hot) weather mesh jacket that will last for one get off. Any guys with experience out there?

Hmmm I have a Tourmaster mesh jacket. You guys are saying it will not protect me in a slide? I realize I would throw it away and buy a new one as it would be worn badly, well, this is what I thought anyway. It will not even last one trip off the bike? I also wear Kevlar Draggin Jeans. I need a VERY hot (Florida hot) weather mesh jacket that will last for one get off. Any guys with experience out there?

Some protection is better than none, and at least you are wearing something more than tshirt and shorts in the Florida heat/humidity. When it gets to 100 here, I'll probably be wearing my mesh jacket too. I think what SteveO's trying to say is that Mesh does not protect as good as leather, but its sometimes just too hot to wear.

for those really hot days, I wear this under a fully perforated leather jacket (works great with mesh, too): http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/418/28/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Iceberg-Vest.aspx

2009-Fieldsheer-Iceberg-Vest-Silver.jpg

Back