Gear thoughts - Dianese

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
When I first started riding sportbikes again 3 yrs ago, I originally bought helmet, gloves, leather pants and jackets with one primary thought in mind - and that was CHEAP. I had just spent a pretty penny on a Busa, and at that moment I wasn't ready to shell out a bunch more $$$ (besides, my wife was already ticked off enough).

Over the past 3 years, I've gained a little experence and knowledge, mostly thru the great people on the .org. First I bought a decent helmet. Then some boots and gloves. Then I got on the trackbike craze and my $$ went for trackbike stuff and full race leathers. While I'm glad I only paid $80 for my little cheapo leather jacket, I'm starting to realize that I probably would like a little better quality that what I currently ride with. Also, with all the mix/mash of gear I have, I can't zip it together - now that I've been riding track, I'm starting to see on the street that I could do with better protection in the AGATT department.

So, I've done a lot of looking, searching and comparing over the last few months, and I've decided that I like Dianese's offerings the most.

I really like the Delta Pro Pelle (perforated) pants
Dainese Delta Pro Leather Pants - RevZilla
(cause it's HOT a lot more than it's cold in TN); but I'm having trouble deciding between the new Alien Perforated Jacket:
Dainese Alien Leather Jacket - RevZilla
or the perforated Rebel jacket:
Dainese Rebel Leather Jacket - RevZilla

The Rebel is a more technical (and more expensive) jacket, but I also like the Alien. I don't really care for a hump when street riding, but I do like the perf and the lining better in the Alien. The Alien is also D-skin which should be softer and more comfortable on longer rides. I also like that you can put both a back, AND a chest protector in the Alien.

What I'm hoping for is a member that actually has one of these jackets or has actually seen/touched one and could offer an opinion.

Thanks!

The jackets seem nice and have good reviews there but did you read the reviews on the pants?
'Double stitched crotch, design flaw, stiff , hard to extend knee, no flexible material there, not for track day's?

All things in the reviews.

Where are these made. The guy from Spartan was here last week saying even some of the top of the line places use Pakistan, India and the like.

I do not understand why anyone would spend...

$1200.00 - $1500.00 for anything that was not a custom made suit. As nice as these things are, they will not even be close to the comfort and fit of custom made. I prefer ZCustom, but I would suggest you look into any of the custom makers.

Theyre both good Keith, you know that itr really boils down to what you like best and feel most comfortable in...

I tried Dianese and the fit just wasn't for me, too narrow, and after all the looking I did as well I finally decided on Komodo, and Vman was the impetus for that decision, and he wasnt wrong about them.

If you pick Dianese youre getting a good jacket regardless, and the way YOU ride you need it:poke::laugh:

I agree Angel, all their models are little skinny European dudes that smoke, afraid they are not really sized for Americans. AH, I'm not looking for a full race suit (I've already gotten that taken care of), I'm looking for some good quality street wear that will last me a long time with some good protection (as defined as "as long as I can keep from getting so fat i can't wear it anymore)...:laugh:

The way "I" ride? Jeez, I still remember standing on the Dam curve at the Fall Bash, watching you scrub your knee around the curve in awe thinking "how the heck did that guy do that?" :bowdown:

Yeah Blanca, I saw that rating too. I've got a used pair of Dianese leather pants (Tuf made me a great deal a few years ago) that I've had no issues with except they are HOT in the summer (not perfed); these would mate with a Dianese Jacket and I'd have a summer and winter set of pants.

The way "I" ride? Jeez, I still remember standing on the Dam curve at the Fall Bash, watching you scrub your knee around the curve in awe thinking "how the heck did that guy do that?" :bowdown:

Shhhhhhh! Dangit! racerv still thinks I cant drag a kneee why'd you rat me out!:laugh::rofl:

I wasnt talking about the 1 pice keith they sell jackets too bro!

Motorcycle Ceno Jacket - Black - Komodo Gear

This is the one I have, which is basically the same as the 1 Piece I have bro..if you DO decide to go Komodo let me know I have the owners cell number:laugh::thumbsup:
Matter fact, Ill send my jacket down w racerv to the bash and you can try it out, if it fits then you have an idea of what they're like..:thumbsup:

I've considered Dianese, quality gear speaks for itself! I'd be looking for an Ebay special or major markdown at Cycle Gear (or similar store) if I was buying for myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shhhhhhh! Dangit! racerv still thinks I cant drag a kneee why'd you rat me out!:laugh::rofl:

I wasnt talking about the 1 pice keith they sell jackets too bro!

Motorcycle Ceno Jacket - Black - Komodo Gear

This is the one I have, which is basically the same as the 1 Piece I have bro..if you DO decide to go Komodo let me know I have the owners cell number:laugh::thumbsup:
Matter fact, Ill send my jacket down w racerv to the bash and you can try it out, if it fits then you have an idea of what they're like..:thumbsup:

Doubt I'll be at the Bash (it's Easter weekend I'd be dead meat if I tried); hoping to come down a day or two during week but that's hit/miss.

I'll check out the jacket. But, last I remember, you are a lot bigger dude than I am. And RacerV, heck, when he heads off, you just better get outta his way!

Angel, is that Komodo jacket perforated? That is one of the item I require....

If you want a cool jacket for hot weather street riding, why not go with a good quality armored mesh? I'de die in my leather jacket(felt like I have a few times:laugh:)in the heat and humidity here. After wearing my friend's Nitro all last summer, I had to have one. It also zips to my leather pants, which also no longer feel hot after wearing the mesh jacket.
I'm confident in it's armor, fit, and design that it would work well for at least one crash:laugh: but I hope I never find out.
Just something to consider.:beerchug:

Those mesh jackets don't last long when you hit the deck. The armor rarely stays in place.

Those mesh jackets don't last long when you hit the deck. The armor rarely stays in place.

Wonderful, well what's the best leather jacket that breaths well and flows alot of air? My Joe Rocket's vents work excellent during winter!:laugh:
I just can't hack it from May til August any more.

Wonderful, well what's the best leather jacket that breaths well and flows alot of air? My Joe Rocket's vents work excellent during winter!:laugh:
I just can't hack it from May til August any more.

It doesn't really matter unless you crash.

It doesn't really matter unless you crash.

:laugh:So nobody markets their quality leather as high flowing, or breaths well? My Joe Rockets I personally feel are excellent. The fit is perfect everywhere(for me), the leather, stitching and armor all seem very strong, as well as just as good if not better than many other brands I've tried.
As said, in cold weather I can tell that the jacket breathes and flows excellent, that's when I know it's time to switch to my winter jacket:laugh:
The last couple summers I just can't seem to take the heat and humidity anymore, hence the mesh jacket.
The leather doing it's job is of course the most important, but it would be nice hear some opinions on good summer leather jackets.
Sorry to threadjack Skydiver, but I hope that some of this goes along with your question.

This photo speaks for itself.

mesh%202.jpg

Not tested, but well used....these guys are a leader in the field. I am not sure how you could go wrong with their gear.

Leathers002.jpg

keith, I have the Daniese SantaMonica jacket and pants (crash tested at Tally) and the jacket and pants held great, just rub marks but no tears or compromises in seams.

Its a fully perforated jacket and its GREAT in the summer once you are on the move but its still hot sitting still. As far as fit, you know I'm not the smallest cat around and it fits me perfectly. They are pricey though...

The reviews on the pants from several people didnt sound to great, Talked like they were way to stiff in the crotch area for bring comfy riding or getting your knee out.

Back