Gauging intrest

lurk.gif

After reading all the cons that people have mentioned it seems like a useless gadget.

Instead of just carrying a small single key I now have to carry that key plus a card transponder. Of course I could ditch the key but then I couldn't remove the rear seat/hump in order to access the trunk or lock up my helmet. And forget about putting gas in the bike since the tank caps needs the key too.
Can't lock the steering so now someone can just wheel it to a secluded area behind the hotel and procede to "work on it". Plus with the steering locked the bike is more stable with more lean angle on the kickstand.

On long trips I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket, I keep it in the zippered vest pocket of my jacket...will it work from that far away?

What's the power consumption like on a small motorcycle battery? My alarm will kill my battery in about 10 days of just standby mode. Will it be another item I need to remember to turn off when I park my bike for a couple of weeks? Will it get along with my paging alarm system?

I guess it would work well if someone is trying to jack the bike since as soon as your ass leaves the seat the bike dies out. However I'd rather use the anti hijack feature of my alarm to allow some space between me and the bad guy with the gun before disabling the bike.

Seems like a lot of time, complication and money all just to keep from placing a key in the ignition switch...a key which you need to have on you to begin with.

This could come in handy if you're in a sticky situation at a saloon. You could just jump from the second story and ride off into the sunset.
biggrin.gif

Just got off the phone with the company doin the keyless.

Hears what I got:

1) Once you start the bike, you can move around and it wont kill on ya. The only time it will die is if you hit the kill switch. So stand-ups or starting you bike when it`s cold and then walkin away to get youre gear on is not a problem.

2) the system keeps all the interlocks that the starting system had before. No oopps starting if the kick stand is down.

3) I found a system that we can put in for a servo to open the trunk if you want

4) as far as the neck lock. Nothing I found will help that, sorry.

Im still workin on a price but should have something very soon!

Ill let you all know what I find.

Thanks,

Josh

(DNGrumpy @ Nov. 09 2006,14:11) Sounds cool... Does the bike shut off if you get out of range, say stand up on the pegs?
eight inches Grumpy, probably would work for an elf like you.
jump9.gif

(CAT3 @ Nov. 10 2006,06:41) Although the key would be needed for locking a front wheel, you wouldn't have keys flinging around as you ride, or swinging on the top clamp....just like some ppl use only the bike key when they ride, others have house key/work etc on a small ring, and some ppl like me, use a small ring and never lock the front wheel.
Why lock the front wheel? If your going to steal my Busa, your going to steal it! Its been proven time and again, if a scumsuckingpieceoftrashthief wants your bike he's not going to stop because its locked wheel, chained to a light pole has an alarm etc. It may deter them and make them find a van to slide it ito rahter than the back of a truck, but their still going to take it.

+1more for the 12" ruling for stand-up wheelies, or happy sack adjustment etc...hate for the ignition to die just cuz the twins needed adjustment.
argue.gif
who me ?
jump9.gif

Prices Prices Prices!!!

I got prices for this thing.

List price: 495.99

if we can get ten orders: 399.99 shipping included

if we can get 15: 315 shipping included

Thats what I got. Looks like I could save you as much as 181 bucks!!!!

Lets see if we can make it happen.

Josh

if credit card magnetic strips fail....how will this not if exposed to say speakers or other magnetic fields

(Wag @ Nov. 11 2006,09:44) Sounds interesting.  Doesn't eliminate the need for keys, however.  Does it eliminate the need for a Scorpio alarm?

--Wag--
and can I still use the Scorpio??

Back