Gauging intrest

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
I have come across a company that is making a product that lets you do away with having to have a key to start your bike but makes it where only you can start it.

The system like a keyswitch bypass that comes with a card that you put in your walet or back pocket. Its a mag card that arms and disarms the system. The only way the system works is when the mag card is within 8 inches of the antena.

anyone interested in something like this?

Im not posting up prices yet because Im not sure what I can get them for.

I wanted to see if anyone likes the idea.

Info from there site:

Provides hands free operation, no need to remove gloves to search for keys, there are none!

Provides magical like starting for the owner only.

Virtually no chance of drive off theft, unique Identification Code provides security, Over 1 gazillion combinations.

No keys, no scratched paint just leave credit card sized transponder in wallet or back pocket and press starter button, no codes or numbers to remember.

High Cool Factor – NO KEYHOLE - invisible starting system for a cleaner look. No keyhole to short out while washing your bike! No wiring harnesses fried!

No key fob, No need to press buttons on a remote or find and remove a remote control device from a pocket.  Just get on your bike and ride!!!

Card Key Transponder in your wallet never needs a battery! You can't leave home without it. In addition if you left your wallet in the bar, it will obviously remind you to return there and get your wallet back!

Simple wiring procedure just like wiring in a key switch.

This is a ground based system which reduces ground shorts and electrical fires.

Antenna can be read from as far away as 12 inches from center of antenna. Place antenna inside the seat . The following picture shows the approximate location of the antenna in the seat.

Hermetically sealed for harsh environments.

Cannot be defeated with a screwdriver or lock pick.

Internally, two microprocessor voting system prevents tampering with.

Works in conjunction with our motorcycle light controller for battery saving, theft deterrence and seamless operation.

Can work alone without our light controller, replaces conventional key switch

All Solid State, no moving parts

Automatic Over temperature cutoff

Automatic Over Voltage or Under Voltage shutdown

16V Reverse Polarity power protection on outputs

Operation from 3 Volts DC to 27 Volts DC

Standby current <5.0uA

Static Discharge protection to 15 kV DC

Can supply 100 Amp DC continuous to a relay or motor

Can supply 100 Amp DC continuous to an ignition system – resistive or inductive loads

Requires antenna placement in seat foam – 2 inch clearance from metal backing required minimum.

Key Card replacement and serial number database maintained by BulletProof Electronics to prevent theft of Key Codes.

Module size 3 1/4" x 2 3/8" x  1"

Let me know what ya think.

Josh

www.RydersConnection.com

pics - link ?
lurk.gif

I'd be all over that if it were reliable and wouldn't short out somehow and leave me stranded. Would one be able to retain the use of the key for emergency situations?

Sounds cool... Does the bike shut off if you get out of range, say stand up on the pegs?

Interesting, but I don't think it'd be good on the bike with the small battery. How much juice will it take for standby?

as for power consumption, I think its very low draw.

I do belive there is a bypass switch that you can flip and use the standard key switch.

Price wise Im still trying to get that down. Ill let ya know as soon as I find something out.

as for looks, think little black box with a white mag key for your pocket. The "brain" is like the box for a alarm system. easy to hide.

Lets see what i can do.

Josh

Is there some sort of lock out/fail safe system so that once the bike is started it won't kill the ignition if the transmitter leaves the 12 inch zone? Say I start the bike and walk away while it's warming up? Or say I just stand up on the pegs a little too far?

Also, can I have the key card implanted in my right a55 cheek so I can ride naked?

I would be into that if it wasn't too expensive. Why not work an automatic garage door opener into it too.
biggrin.gif
That would be cool though.

(CrashBomb @ Nov. 09 2006,20:02) Is there some sort of lock out/fail safe system so that once the bike is started it won't kill the ignition if the transmitter leaves the 12 inch zone? Say I start the bike and walk away while it's warming up? Or say I just stand up on the pegs a little too far?

Also, can I have the key card implanted in my right a55 cheek so I can ride naked?
good question bomb !!

I like it, but it definitely needs some kind of lockout for standing up. I need to do that fairly often on the ride to work.

(tinbender0 @ Nov. 10 2006,06:50)
(CrashBomb @ Nov. 09 2006,20:02) Is there some sort of lock out/fail safe system so that once the bike is started it won't kill the ignition if the transmitter leaves the 12 inch zone? Say I start the bike and walk away while it's warming up? Or say I just stand up on the pegs a little too far?

good question bomb !!
I asked the same question before and nobody complimented me
rock.gif

Which btw he still has not answered.

I just thought of one thing that would bother me. The key would still be needed to lock the front wheel. That sort of defeats the purpose of keyless riding. It would be cool if some sort of servo could lock and unlock the front wheel, but I would be nervous of it locking out during a ride.

Back