Gauging intrest

Although the key would be needed for locking a front wheel, you wouldn't have keys flinging around as you ride, or swinging on the top clamp....just like some ppl use only the bike key when they ride, others have house key/work etc on a small ring, and some ppl like me, use a small ring and never lock the front wheel.
Why lock the front wheel? If your going to steal my Busa, your going to steal it! Its been proven time and again, if a scumsuckingpieceoftrashthief wants your bike he's not going to stop because its locked wheel, chained to a light pole has an alarm etc. It may deter them and make them find a van to slide it ito rahter than the back of a truck, but their still going to take it.

+1more for the 12" ruling for stand-up wheelies, or happy sack adjustment etc...hate for the ignition to die just cuz the twins needed adjustment.

i would be in if it was functional and reasonably priced..... might just stick with my key

(DNGrumpy @ Nov. 10 2006,05:20)
(tinbender0 @ Nov. 10 2006,06:50)
(CrashBomb @ Nov. 09 2006,20:02) Is there some sort of lock out/fail safe system so that once the bike is started it won't kill the ignition if the transmitter leaves the 12 inch zone? Say I start the bike and walk away while it's warming up? Or say I just stand up on the pegs a little too far?

Also, can I have the key card implanted in my right a55 cheek so I can ride naked?
good question bomb !!
I asked the same question before and nobody complimented me  
rock.gif

Which btw he still has not answered.
I was talkin about the implant!!
SHOCKED.gif

Not sure if I wanted to have anything like this. Simplicity and need always win.

What about accidental starting? Changing the oil filter, and accidentally pressing the starter button, and then boom! the engine starts! That would be scary!

Just curious, but when would you really need to use this?

It's not that hard to turn a key and hit a button w/ you thumb. Doesn't this mean you would have to keep it parked in N as well?

Not trying to bash it, just trying to determine when this would be useful.

GM has been using something like this for Corvettes n the XLR for a while-no key in ignition, just a remote with a chip in it-automatically unlocks doors when you get within 5' of the car, and then allows ignition with pushbutton.

dont see why bike needs to be parked in N-just kicked to N when you want to start up....I am curious about that cut-off range...dont want to be jumping onto my tank and have the motor cut off!

but still...sounds very interesting...guys pay $300 for billet crap that does nothing to make riding the bike easier-this would make life a lil more convienient.

I kind of like the idea, but like the other members have suggested, the biggest issue is the range of the device. You need to be enabled to move around on and off the bike. Does it kill the bike when you're away from the bike once it starts? Or is the 8 inch range just for initial starting? You don't want to be standing with your back to your bike B.S.ing and someone jumps on and takes off either. Unless it does kill when its lets say 20ft. away from the card??? So that you can catch whoever just jumped on yo bike and stomp a hole in 'em.. C'MON help us out here !!!

hey Jester whats a cost on a dbl stem stand for the busa?
thanks

I think it would be more of a wow factor than anything else. You would still need to carry your key with you so you could get fuel or open the rear seat/hump.

One of the guys at work has something like this on his Harley it is pretty cool. He has aftermarket forks/dual disc which does not have the lock anymore. I will be ordering one soon.

Sounds interesting. Doesn't eliminate the need for keys, however. Does it eliminate the need for a Scorpio alarm?

--Wag--

from what I am reading.....
1.>the ignition is bypassed if not eliminated because of the "Cannot be defeated with a screwdriver or lock pick." statement.
This would also imply that the key would no longer funtion as well as a method of starting. The cylinder lock itself is taken out of commission. You could always make a plug for it though...to restore the function at a later time if desired.
2.>it could work in a way that the unit is replacing the function of the key...so it just maintains the ground supply to the ignition same as the key does for starting purposes. Once the bike is running I would think that the "off switch" would need to be rockered to shut down the motor. So when approaching the bike one only needs to ensure the red switch is rockered to the "run" position and then hit the starter.

lol ....and now that I read the linked page above...I was right (this time).
all_coholic.gif

judging from the info provided on that site...I would also bet that this unit could also be mounted in the space where the tool kit straps in.....it looks to be similar in size to the power commander (which is what I have in that space currently.

(NCpanther01 @ Nov. 11 2006,22:28) price and battery?  plus my storage will be lost! hmmm!!!!
No it won't. More than likely that unit will fit in the hole in the left side of the rear subframe behind the black plastic inverted bubble cover. Close to the battery, seat and a pretty well protected area.

Back