Gauge swaping

Bergster

Donating Member
Registered
Trying to get the 220s without making the odometer way off by just changing the face and a speedohealer. Has anyone tried to swap out the actual gauge in there cluster?
Instead of swapping the whole cluster can you just swap the speedometers out so you could keep your original mileage. Would it be correct if done as well? I would have thought this had been tried but I couldn't find it by searching.

If not possable does anyone have any good 220 gauges for sale?

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129040260 -->

I didnt change the actual gauge,I put a 220 cluster in and a kilometer face.No problems and its quite accurate with the 200 tire.:;):

they are all plug and play doesn't matter what year ( the whole guage assy.)

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129042792 -->

send them to blueguages.com and have it all switched out,or do it yourself.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130082227 -->

Is the milage saved in the cluster? If you change your 05 cluster for a 99-00, would it show the amount of miles the 99-00 had or will it still show the miles of the 05? (And I'm assuming the mph would be off too, so you'd need a speedohealer?)

blueguages.com can make your odometer read what you want it to.So if you change to a 220 you can send it to them, tell them the mileage of your bike,they will hook it up.:;):

I just Buy a 220mph gauge with 340 kph inside, after I post pics when installed on my restricted Hayabusa of 2001, the fastest.

I didnt change the actual gauge,I put a 220 cluster in and a kilometer face.No problems and its quite accurate with the 200 tire.:;):
Not quite sure what you meant by that. Can you explain. Also, how can it be accurate... just a little comfused sorry
What NJ is saying is he needs Kilometer readings where he lives but wanted the higher numbers like myself. He obtained a 220mph gauge set and installed a kilometer face which I belive goes to 340kph (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm guessing he did that because it was easier to get a 220mph gauge cluster than it was to get a 340kph cluster.

I changed my faceplate on my 02 to a 220 speedo. all you got to do is use the speedo healer. I plan on doing it to my 04 also!

I changed my faceplate on my 02 to a 220 speedo. all you got to do is use the speedo healer. I plan on doing it to my 04 also!
The only problem I have with that is that the odometer will not be correct anymore. I have a 220 cluster on the way now. I just hope it works ok. looks a little beat up.

As long as the insides are good, just swap them with your good cases.

As long as the insides are good, just swap them with your good cases.
That's what my intentions are. I just hope there ok and don't have 50,000 miles on them. I know you can send them off and have the mileage changed it's just all the usage on them, nothing lasts forever.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1129519079 -->

You can just change out the faceplate(pop off the needle, swap out faceplates, pop needle back on) and buy a speedohealer or yellowbox to make the speedo accurate and keep your odometer reading.

or

Swap out the cluster and have someone else's odometer reading( I guess it can be corrected, but definately illegal to do so).

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129521750 -->

Received my 220 gauge cluster, other than it looks like it had been drug behind the bike rather than installed, it works perfectly. I removed the cluster from the housing installed it in my housing and it looks like new again. It has just over 24000 miles on it so I guess I'll be sending it off to blueguages.com to get it corrected. Should I sell the 05 gauges or keep them around for a spare? I don't think I'll be going back to them. Thanks for every ones help, this board kicks a$$
beerchug.gif

I didn't think that using a speed healer would make the odometer off . I just changed faceplates on my 02 and I just ordered ones for my 04 . (both 220mph)
rock.gif

I didn't think that using a speed healer would make the odometer off . I just changed faceplates on my 02 and I just ordered ones for my 04 . (both 220mph)
rock.gif
Yep if you just change the face plate and use the speedohealer to correct it the odometer will be off. Check yours by getting on the interstate or somewhere with mile markers set your trip or just watch your odometer and count mile markers for about five or ten miles then compare with your odometer. Or easier use a gps. It was to far off for me so I went with the 220 cluster.

I bought the 220 mph faceplate and a Yellow Box, adjusting it some 18+ per cent downward to get it accurate. I haven't tested the odometer, but my calculated gas mileage sure went to hell.

Back