Speedo swap

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I did the search before coming here, Dont get tired of me guys and girls. :please:

2 part question

Is swapping out a gauge cluster as easy as it appears, Remove 2 bolts / Pop out / disconnect wiring harness / re-connect harness to new cluster / Pop back in / re-install 2 bolts.

Now where can I find a 220 mph gauge cluster, Ebay has let me down, and I didnt see anything in our sponsors.

Need more of your $.02

I think you got it the removal and install covered. As far as the 220 mph cluster goes, you can get the inserts to place on your cluster face. I'm not sure where but I use to have templates of different cluster faces that you could print yourself. I'll look around and get back with you on that.

This place sells the face plates:

http://www.bluegauges.com/illumiglo/suzuki.htm

Last edited:
Thanks tinmann, But if I just change the face plate woudnt I have to somehow adjust the speedo itself, otherwise 185 mph would show 220 mph ( not that I will ever see it ) Ok Ok maybe once. and all the rest would be off too.

The 220 cluster for the 1999 & 2000 are different from the newer models. I believe there is some different wiring necessary. Someone posted on it a while back.

You will need a SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box to correct the speedo error.

Back