Speedometer Problems ....Still

tinmann840

Registered
I'm about to pull what hair I have left out over this Speedometer. I've bought a new gauge cluster and another speed sensor and the MPH part of the gauges still isn't registering . I think I went wrong by buying a used speed sensor, but didn't want to pay $64.00 on a new on and have it turn out to be the gauge cluster. The speedo rotor that attaches to the sprocket is fine so it's either screwed up wiring between the sensor/pickup and gauges or the pickup I bought is a dud. I think it's time to break down get out the Vaseline and take it to the stealership

Other than that the bike runs like a champ. I hate crap like this. I get close to finishing her up and little crap keeps setting me back. In a couple more weeks I'll have enough for brand new fairings and you'll never know she'd been injured.

A friend named Quasar suggested that I check the connector and the wiring from the speedometer to the speed sensor. I opened up the wiring harness from the point of impact back and didn't have to go far until I found this. Spliced it all together and the speedometer works fine.

DSCN0458.JPG

And since I had the nose off ...Again. I decided to put the clear turn siganl lens back on. I bought them but I was so use to the stock look I never gave them a chance. The Lowers are at the painter's. He said 2 weeks a week ago but anyone that's ever dealt with painters ought to know how that goes.I told him take your time and do it right. I was going to buy new but after seeing the job the guy did on my friend's wrecked bike I decided to give him a try. I had to get the foam large insulation piece for the left side and some Kanji decals. I picked up a 14 piece chrome set from Hot Graphix and he's going to clear coat over them after I put them on. Now maybe some Carbon Fiber inners.

DSCN0459.JPG

Back