Gauge back lighting!

It seemed to work! :cheerleader: but there is a minor downside..my dumb azz...tried to clean up and got some goof off on the face of the temp gauge.. it smeared the coating on the face a little on one side.. now I have to paint it. Jeesh..all this sheet for some blue lighting....???

I pulled my needles off as well, have speedo healer so thats good. the fuel I filled it up and replaced the needle and the temp is almost half way when the fan kicks on so I sat there with the cluster plugged in with the covers off and let it run till the fan came on and stuck the needle in place real quick.

Re: Gauge back lighting!

I pulled my needles off as well, have speedo healer so thats good. the fuel I filled it up and replaced the needle and the temp is almost half way when the fan kicks on so I sat there with the cluster plugged in with the covers off and let it run till the fan came on and stuck the needle in place real quick.

Yeah it did that to..except for the fuel. I have yet to do that. But what kept happening with the temp gauge is that I would set it to "C" cause the bike was cold anyway. When I turned the key the needle would go all the way up to H then come back down. But I did it a couple of more times and the needle hardly moved on the intial system check. But after the last time I reset the needle, it seems to be pretty much on the money. I will test one more time when I get home and let it run. My fan also kicks on right at the half way mark. I will see what it does.

Last edited:
To reset guages, press and hold button above odometer, turn key to on, let guAges sweep, let go of button, press button 2 times, guages will flutter, done!!! May take af ew times to get it right

ok this was great info I needed that lol mines a little off cause I didn't initially follow GixerHps instructions quite so closely.
:thumbsup:

Re: Gauge back lighting!

deleted I really need to start looking at the dates on these things :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
ive been trying to find the right size leds but no where i go has them, radio shack not even skycraft, can u share ur source??

I use to have a link, but they're SMD LED's, PLCC2 I think.....not 100% on that but close. Best bet is just buy the kit on Ebay if you want to do it yourself. $30 is pretty cheap for LEDs and less hassle than dealing with a vendor that carries umpteen millions sizes and are annoyed by a $20 order. :laugh:

Back