Gauge back lighting!

check ebay for leds sometimes can be found there sometimes not this might be one of my led projects i was thinking of doing anyway nice work on them

Re: Gauge back lighting!

that is awesome where did you get the leds? I'm gonna have to do that to mine way better than the stock lights. :cheerleader::bowdown:

VERY SWEET !! I got the indiglo but wish I had just changed the backlighting.

guys i did mine myself. bought them on ebay they sell a kit for around 20bucks. you can tell them to send you a couple red if you get all blue leds. Solder gun and flux you ready to go. You will need some very fine tweezers or stats to place and remove leds. i fried a couple during my process so picked up a couple from radio shak to finish it off.

Those are the ones I have... scared as "sheet" to put them on. I know how to solder..but damn... it seems intense. Dont want to mess up my cluster

And here they are now, an hour later!

Very nice!

Share what you did with us. Sometimes I would rather pay to avoid aggravation, and sometimes it's fun to work on something.

And to anyone, another question. How would I get a gauge that reads to 200 mph, and make it accurate?

Those are the ones I have... scared as "sheet" to put them on. I know how to solder..but damn... it seems intense. Dont want to mess up my cluster

There not that bad, but on the other hand,, un soldering the motors is a bit harder!

NOTE!!

Anyone that trys this mod, DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!

You must remove the motors from the board, if you remove the needles your guages will give you an incorrect reading!

Much thanks to Gixerhp just bought me two sets of led gauge back light sets for about $30.00 shipped thanks to the submit best offer tab can't wait to try em out. hopefully all will go well. I already pulled my cluster apart for practice (and priced out a replacement Juusssst in case) thanks for the info man much appreciated.:bowdown::beerchug:

and as for the reading thing I realized after (too damn excited about the idea) that but it seems to have corrected itself. from what I can tell anyway I'll have to check it with the street radar or get a LEO to hit me with the gun I know a few of em.

Would you share the LED source?

Believe it or not this link was still working but if you go to e-bay and drop in SUZUKI HAYABUSA LED KIT GAUGE CLUSTER in the motors search it'll pull up the results. I guess I'll know how it goes after I do the install. Hope that helps.

SUZUKI HAYABUSA LED KIT GAUGE CLUSTER BLUE:eBay Motors (item 280354508215 end time Jun-11-09 21:11:06 PDT)

There not that bad, but on the other hand,, un soldering the motors is a bit harder!

NOTE!!

Anyone that trys this mod, DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!

You must remove the motors from the board, if you remove the needles your guages will give you an incorrect reading!

Ahhh so in my exceiment, I pulled my needles (Before I read not to). Yes they are off a little especially the temp gauge....so how do you fix?

Ahhh so in my exceiment, I pulled my needles (Before I read not to). Yes they are off a little especially the temp gauge....so how do you fix?

Ouch. My guess is that you would need a complete set of gauges un-tampered with, and a lot of patience putting the needles back to the right position. You would have to run both sets at the same time. I don't envy you.

Thanks Floyd... but why would I need new gauges? ??? And how would I run both a the same time? I think what I will do is pull the temp needle. Then with the cluster sitting there, turn on the power. The temp should still cold. I can then push in the needle where the C is and go from there.. at least that's what my mech said to do.. make sense.:whistle:

Back