Gas milage

djd928761

Registered
Whats the average gas nilage for a bone stock busa. My new 07 with 200 miles on it is averaging 19.5 mpg, according to the gauge tripomeder and my math also. I've read that 30 mpg is average. My bike seems to run good and I'm a moderate rider...don't beat on it alot...just cruise around town...passa few cars at 100 now and then. Whats everone else getting.
Derrick

42 mpg commuting, 26 in the Dragon
biggrin.gif

If I remember correctly, mine was in the high 30's brand new.

Check your tire pressures, they'll make a BIG difference. I got 42-45 mpg on the road (new) and now get 46-47 mpg on the road doing 75-80 mph  
super.gif
. That's with a trip meter that's off by 2% and a speedometer that's off 5%  
beerchug.gif

Around town it runs high 20s.
Highway mostly it's mid 40s.
Highway only, last tank was 54 by math. Onboard tripmeter/computer stays at 50, I guess thats most it will show.
I was suprised at the difference.

It needs to be broken in. You should see improvements after your first service. The oil that's in it from the factory doesn't allow good gas mileage.

Somebody isn't following break in procedure.
SHOCKED.gif
If you ride eazy and stay under 70 MPH 50 MPG. Ride hard low 30's Ride ballz to the wall 24/7
rock.gif

Also it helps if you reset the trips to zero before riding for mileage. Long distance it won't matter.

I babied my bike for about a week. No fast take off's no hard accelerations, cruised through the city, and stayed in the right hand lane on the highway. That's when I got about 39mpg. For me it wasn't worth it. So now I just ride how I want to ride and not focus on mpg or should I say gpm
cool.gif

Get your rpm's down, use your gears, and those passes at 100mph may be killing you. I've had as low as 13 mpg when all I'm doing is running the mtn and or horsing around with the guys. But average is 31 for me.

mine gets about 35 on avg. but when i'm not in it all the time i can get as high as 45

that monstrosity in the background gets about 14-18 and 0-60 in about 2 minutes

lowering_012__Small_.jpg

Back