40 mpg at 315lbs

bigjack7679

Registered
Have had my 08 busa for 2 weeks now and i have be averaging in the low 40's mpg. Thats great i think for a 315lb rider and compared to my crown victoria.:laugh:
And i used gps to confirm that MPH are dead on
I didnt buy her for MPG but is a great plus when ur not in a rush or trying to have fun :thumbsup: also love how the busa has the power to skip gears with ease while cruising,

But when the weekend hit, that number goes down. :laugh:

How does everybody else mpg fair when cruising

I have gotten as much as 53 but average mid 40s.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

When breaking mine in, I also got 40+ mpg. Now it seems like I'm always mapping out gas stations during rides :laugh:

at around 170 miles, i need to fill up (never really figured what my MPG is) but can touch 200 miles in a bind

On my completely stock '06 I could behave and try to ride sixth gear around 4K RPMs and get 50 MPG. The Gen I had a sweet spot for gas mileage at 4K. Don't know about the Gen II. Anyone know if the Gen II has a sweet spot ? I need to check mine I'm sure or at least I hope it's in the 40's. Running a pipe on this one.

Mid 30's for me...:whistle: I cruise to work everyday at "highway" speeds and take the long way home often.
What hurts my MPG is the fact that the bike is like a Nuclear powered locomotive and I like getting up to speed quick. :laugh:

My '11' has averaged 52 mpg, but only have 650 miles on her so far! I really miss the mpg feature on my '06' it was nice to know what you were averaging so you could schedule your stops on a long ride.

On my completely stock '06 I could behave and try to ride sixth gear around 4K RPMs and get 50 MPG. The Gen I had a sweet spot for gas mileage at 4K. Don't know about the Gen II. Anyone know if the Gen II has a sweet spot ? I need to check mine I'm sure or at least I hope it's in the 40's. Running a pipe on this one.

I did the keep it under 5k rpm break-in. I wish I had of kept track of gas mileage because it seemed a tank would last forever and running a whole tank under 5k now would be torture.

The Average MPG gauge only goes to 50 and won't read any higher - said so in the manual.

I've gotten 52-53 on long rides, otherwise 40-45 is average :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have had my 08 busa for 2 weeks now and i have be averaging in the low 40's mpg. Thats great i think for a 315lb rider and compared to my crown victoria.:laugh:
And i used gps to confirm that MPH are dead on
I didnt buy her for MPG but is a great plus when ur not in a rush or trying to have fun :thumbsup: also love how the busa has the power to skip gears with ease while cruising,

But when the weekend hit, that number goes down. :laugh:

How does everybody else mpg fair when cruising
Its been so long since my bike was stock I don't remember for sure. I think I was getting mid 40's? Once you start modding that mileage will go down real quick though. I think with my pipe, filter, pc, and 16/42 gearing on my 03 I'm running mid 30's now.

Its been so long since my bike was stock I don't remember for sure. I think I was getting mid 40's? Once you start modding that mileage will go down real quick though. I think with my pipe, filter, pc, and 16/42 gearing on my 03 I'm running mid 30's now.

if i was to do lets say brocks CT full exhaust and tune through ecu to get everything dialed in correctly, would mileage go up,same, or down. all considering driving habits remain constant

Back