Garmin GPS - HELP PLEASE

neoBusa

Registered
Peeps. I got myself a used Garmin GPSmap96C. Though made for aviation it also works for marine and land. I installed MapSource. Also installed a MAP:

Garmin City Navigator Middle East NT 2010

I selected the map I want to transfer and clicked on transfer - send to device (surely the GPS is already connected to PC via USB). I know for sure the GPS is connected because I went to Utilities - Get Unit ID - and it located my GPS.

But when every-time I try Transferring a MAP, then I click on find Device (I even selected a map 5.45MB - tiny) I get the following message:

"Some Devices were found; however, none have the necessary capabilities.
Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on, then try again.
You may also need ti set the interface option on your GPS to 'GARMIN' or 'HOST'."

I looked everywhere on this device, read the manual. read the mapsource Manual... Can't seem to figure it out. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG HERE?

Thanking you all in advance!

It is possible that 2010 is not compatible with that unit... there are different versions for older models - Garmin techsupport is the way to go.

MC Mustang is correct from what I can find out. If you click on the first link below you will see the list of compatible map software. Take note that non of them have the NT listed. If you look at the maps for a random Nuvi device I pulled up you will see that they require the NT maps. This tells me that your 96c won't work with NT maps. I would still call tech support though.

Maps for 96c

Maps for Nuvi

Back