Stampede zumo owners

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Using the Garmin Mapsource program, I made some trip routes. If anyone is interested, I will email the file and you can load it into your Zumo or other Garmin GPS which accepts these files.
The photo shows the routes, some overlap each other. There are 5 total ranging from 95miles to 320miles. If anyone has more suggestions or sees any problem with the selected roads, please let me know.
I based these routes on maps, google earth photos and the routes on the Stampede thread.
All trips begin and return to the Peppermill.

picture004.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures of individual trip routes are highlighted in yellow. If your eyes can read the left side window the routes are named with the distance and time included.

picture003.jpg

picture004.jpg

picture005.jpg

picture006.jpg

picture007.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! Wow!
Everyone be advised though, that if you're planning on riding on any section of road that meanders around Lake Tahoe, expect to be bottled up in stop and go sight seeing vacationer traffic! I'm talking 25 -35MPH max, at best!
Sierraville/Downieville loop gets the nod for BEST of the BEST up here in July. We have to be extra careful with the Monitor Pass route this year. As everyone knows, the state of CA is broke and the Monitor Pass route is a prime example of it. Fresh tar snakes all along the route and in some places you feel as though you're driving on ice! One of our local sports bikre clubs has even eliminated Monitor from the ride schedule. I'm going to take a run up there soon to see for myself and will report back after I do. I'm thinking ahead here, but I hope there will be plans to talk to riders BEFORE departing for any destination so that everyone can be brought up to date with CURRENT traffic and/or road conditions.

Last edited:
That's a great program, Steve. Nice work!

Good info, fo sheezie.

Jimbo, we'll look forward to your report on how the roads are up there.

Thanks, both of you!

;:4

Nice job! Wow!
Everyone be advised though, that if you're planning on riding on any section of road that meanders around Lake Tahoe, expect to be bottled up in stop and go sight seeing vacationer traffic! I'm talking 25 -35MPH max, at best!
Sierraville/Downieville loop gets the nod for BEST of the BEST up here in July. We have to be extra careful with the Monitor Pass route this year. As everyone knows, the state of CA is broke and the Monitor Pass route is a prime example of it. Fresh tar snakes all along the route and in some places you feel as though you're driving on ice! One of our local sports bikre clubs has even eliminated Monitor from the ride schedule. I'm going to take a run up there soon to see for myself and will report back after I do. I'm thinking ahead here, but I hope there will be plans to talk to riders BEFORE departing for any destination so that everyone can be brought up to date with CURRENT traffic and/or road conditions.

Your input is just what I was hoping for.
Maybe we can get together so I can pick your brain on the roads to avoid.
Captain and I are planning on a Tues or Wed arrival and want to do a little exploring.
Thanks

That's a great program, Steve. Nice work!

Good info, fo sheezie.

Jimbo, we'll look forward to your report on how the roads are up there.

Thanks, both of you!

;:4
RE: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/111869-june-19th-epic-ride.html

We did Sonora and Monitor passes Friday. Monitor Pass is good to go! Other than a few places where small rocks and gravel washed onto the roadway due to the near record breaking rains in this area the past three weeks, I'd say we can consider this one of the better Stampede ride routes.

Back