Garbage Kickstand

RedATAC

Registered
Wtf? I just bought a left over K8 about a week and a half ago. Had about 160 miles on it. Got back from a ride, got off the bike in my driveway, kicked the kickstand twice to be sure that the stand was as far forward as it can be, even rolled the bike backwards as I rested it on the stand. Bent over to tie my shoe and bam! The bike rolled off the kickstand. Are you F'ing kidding me? My driveway isn't even remotely a hill either. Then of course I typed in "kickstand" on this forum and found a bunch of threads on how Busa kickstands suck. How can Suzuki make this bike for almost 11 years and not have addressed this issue? This is rediculous. $1000 out of my pocket to repair a brand new bike? How many thousands of dollars has Suzuki made over the years from people buying left side body work because of this? Unbelievable. Sorry guys, just needed to vent.

Wtf? I just bought a left over K8 about a week and a half ago. Had about 160 miles on it. Got back from a ride, got off the bike in my driveway, kicked the kickstand twice to be sure that the stand was as far forward as it can be, even rolled the bike backwards as I rested it on the stand. Bent over to tie my shoe and bam! The bike rolled off the kickstand. Are you F'ing kidding me? My driveway isn't even remotely a hill either. Then of course I typed in "kickstand" on this forum and found a bunch of threads on how Busa kickstands suck. How can Suzuki make this bike for almost 11 years and not have addressed this issue? This is rediculous. $1000 out of my pocket to repair a brand new bike? How many thousands of dollars has Suzuki made over the years from people buying left side body work because of this? Unbelievable. Sorry guys, just needed to vent.

Get out the dremel and search for the kickstand mod.

Many a Busa owner has suffered this fate.
Bubba

Got back from a ride, got off the bike in my driveway, kicked the kickstand twice to be sure that the stand was as far forward as it can be, even rolled the bike backwards as I rested it on the stand. Bent over to tie my shoe and bam!

After you kill the engine, be sure it's in gear, let the clutch out, roll the bike forward until it stops, then be sure the stand is all the way forward before you lean the bike over. And as far as I've seen, the going rate for this type of accident on a Gen II is more like $3000 :hide:

Yeah I'm a technician at a Honda/Suzuki dealership so I get a discount on parts but still, a grand? Suzuki should pay for this.

Yeah I'm a technician at a Honda/Suzuki dealership so I get a discount on parts but still, a grand? Suzuki should pay for this.

Or leave it in gear!

They have been like this since day one, if Suzuki hasn't done any thing about yet, why would they!

They wont sell as many side fairings if they fixed the problem! :banghead:

After you kill the engine, be sure it's in gear, let the clutch out, roll the bike forward until it stops, then be sure the stand is all the way forward before you lean the bike over. And as far as I've seen, the going rate for this type of accident on a Gen II is more like $3000 :hide:

+1

Leave it in gear, roll it FORWARD until it stops...then put the stand down :thumbsup:

I still have mine on my own personal wall of shame. Keeps me humble and to remind me about these little issues.

Do the mod and remember...Search is your friend here. There is a lot of great suggestions to keep you out of trouble and cash in your bank account.

Sorry about your mishap on your new bike. It happens to some folks but most never have a problem. I am on busa number six and never had one roll off the side stand.

Ha! Sorry, had to do it. But it got me too. Bought my first Busa new last May, new leftover 08. Had bout the same number of miles on it, same story, only at the gas pumps, in front of a crowd, and some ridin buddies. Been ridin for years and had several bikes, never had I seen this happen. Man I felt like an idiot, until I looked closely at the kickstand and saw what a p.o.s it was! I wanted to kill somebody at Suzuki. This great a bike, and a kicksatnd that looks like it folds to 90 degrees(as well as factory garbage tires)
Seriously, I know it's not funny, I feel ur pain. Should be a recall on that thing, I don't care how long it's been a problem. Especially since the 09 prices jumped up $2k just for color changes, that much more money to hit the ground.

Almost 2 yeares with my bike and 18941 miles. I always leave it in 1st when shutting it off and park it ass end down hill(if there is one), never went over.. Sorry for your mishap though..

Operator error my a$$ dude. I've been riding motorcycles for years and this is the first time this has happened to me. It doesn't take a genius to properly use a kickstand. There are way too many instances of this happening for it to be coincidence. You shouldn't have to leave your bike in gear for it not to fall over. There is definately a design flaw in the kickstand.

Last edited:
I lowered mine 2" with the shorter kickstand. Should i still notch mine? It doesn't seem any less stable then any other bike. Just wondering? - Al

Back