GIPro TRE problems

steatki4

Registered
Hey all,

Brand new member, just bought a brand new 2009 Hayabusa (wow!!). I have twoauthentic Canadian Walter Wolf RG500's but the Hayabusa is over the top!!
I just installed the GIPro TRE on the bike (blue LED) and hooked the red wire directly to the positive battery terminal since I use a battery tender.

Here's the problem:
The bike won't turn over with the "run" switch on until I pull up the kickstand and pull in the clutch lever. Once the bike is running, as soon as I lower the kickstand to let the bike warm up, then engine dies and won't start again until I pull up the kickstand.
Any thoughts??

this is a "safety" feature of the bike. check your owner's manual for details. BTW, welcome.

So what you're saying is when the bike is started, i either have to be sitting on the bike or have it on a motorcycle stand, correct?
Thanks for the welcome message and you're fast response.

I've read the manual and as long as the bike is in neutral, it should start up when the kiskstand is down like it did before I installed the TRE. Anybody have similar issues?

This is the INTERLOCK switch feature....prevents you from inadvertently taking off with the kickstand down. OR if you leave the bike in gear when you park, prevents the bike from lurching forward when you start it.

You can be OFF the bike with kickstand down but bike must be in neutral/clutch lever in. Run out to your bike and give it a try :)

That works. It's just kinda a bummer to not be able to let the bike warm up while you're putting on your jacket, helmet, gloves. It's the first bike I've had with fuel injection so I guess the need to let the bike sit for a few minutes and wamr up is redundant. Do you guys find this a pain in the rear?

Thanks

Welcome to the org. As others have stated, it should run in neutral. But why are you installing a gear indicator? Your bike has one built in to the instrument cluster.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That works. It's just kinda a bummer to not be able to let the bike warm up while you're putting on your jacket, helmet, gloves. It's the first bike I've had with fuel injection so I guess the need to let the bike sit for a few minutes and wamr up is redundant. Do you guys find this a pain in the rear?

Thanks

Will it not start and stay running in nuetral?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

the tre is telling the ecu you are in gear..id say its a faulty tre, not installed correctly or simply the wrong one for your bike... try setting the tre to its off possition and see if the problem goes away

i just installed ATRE on mine and have no problems, maybe it's something with the xtre and being a gen 2.

+1 on turning the tre off to further diagnose problem

Thanks for all the help guys. What was going on is that one of the connector pins was bent so the neutral light didn't come on with the above mentioned problem. Straightened out the one pin, it all works.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the help guys. What was going on is that one of the connector pins was bent so the neutral light didn't come on with the above mentioned problem. Straightened out the one pin, it all works.

Thanks again

Now remove all that mess, it doesn't help the Gen II Man I wished I had been around here 5 months ago :laugh:

Now remove all that mess, it doesn't help the Gen II Man I wished I had been around here 5 months ago :laugh:

I find that it is just so much easier to see the GiPro than the stock one even without looking for it, just a quick glance and you know where your at. Put them on all my bikes, Or maybe it's just that I'm only working with one good eye and it seems to be burning out. :laugh:

Back