Installed GiPRO w TRE

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
I installed the gipro with tre this weekend and I gotta say It feels soo much smoother and I can feel a power difference. I have it set to 5th gear map, but im not sure if thats where its supposed to be? Other than that the bike is stock, just lowered.

Anyone know which map it should be on? According to the instructions it says its supposed to be 5th gear but im not sure.

I just installed mine also earlier today  
super.gif
and set to 5th.  Also noticed a difference in performance, and unless its just me, it seems to throttle much smoother  
biggrin.gif

Runs a little more rich in 5th. I usually turn mine on when top speed runs are on the agenda for the day.

5th gear,dont know about the dealership question but i would remove it if it came to an issue with the motor /clutch or tranny

(SxLxAxVxExN @ Jul. 17 2007,23:34) Would the dealership give me a hard time with this if it comes down to warranty work on the bike?
It might void the warranty since it has a tre.

If you have work done remove it.

(SxLxAxVxExN @ Jul. 18 2007,00:34) Would the dealership give me a hard time with this if it comes down to warranty work on the bike?
Mine told me I could install anything on my bike like headers, turbo, etc. but not a TRE. I would ask the dealer.

5th Gear map and remove if problems with motor for dealership to cover warranty. Gave me a really hard time after I got one. I had to have my main ECU replaced and they tried to blame the TRE on the cause of it. They also wanted me to pay them for the MANY MANY hours of diagnostic time they put into it to finally come to the conclusion it was the computer.

I asked the service manager himself prior to bringing in the bike "Should I remove the TRE to make sure there is no question about this problem not being under warranty" He said no that the TRE wouldn't void warranty or cause problems like I had. I even double checked the day I dropped it off to him. Then once the bike was there for 10-12 days and I started to get anxious to get my bike back and VERY tired of being nice about all of the stories I heard he then changed his thinking on the TRE and said that voided warranty and I will have to pay to continue service to fix it etc..
I had to get Suzuki area rep involved and Suzuki motor comp customer rep involved to make the process go more smoothly. It really turned into a joke with the bike being there for 3 weeks total. They then wanted to not give me receipts for 1 previous time I had it in for this problem just so I couldn't start the lemon law process. This time would have been the 3rd time it was in for the same problem with no results. I hate dealing with people like that. Don't play games and make up stories with me!! It got very very UGLY!!

shortcut, its a easy install, it would be up to where you want to install the display. tell me where you plan on putting the dispaly i can help you alot better.

(thepushercg @ Jul. 18 2007,17:32) shortcut, its a easy install, it would be up to where you want to install the display. tell me where you plan on putting the dispaly i can help you alot better.
i'm going to put in on the lower
right side of the tach. i'm not sure
what to plug up to and i don't even
know where the battery is
SHOCKED.gif
and
do i unplug anything
zzwhip.gif

(shortcut @ Jul. 18 2007,20:40)
(thepushercg @ Jul. 18 2007,17
zzwhip.gif
) shortcut, its a easy install, it would be up to where you want to install the display. tell me where you plan on putting the dispaly i can help you alot better.
i'm going to put in on the lower
right side of the tach. i'm not sure
what to plug up to and i don't even
know where the battery is
SHOCKED.gif
and
do i unplug anything
zzwhip.gif
Remove your seat and lift the gas tank.
Under the left side of the tank in a bundle of wires is a white plug, see pic, pull the plug apart and you will have the male plug and the female plug seperated.
The Gipro has identical male and female plugs. Just plug them into the two matching plugs under the tank.
Hook the red wire from the GiPro to the battery (it's under your seat). Put the display where ever you want it. The rest is just making sure the wires are tied in so nothing gets cut or pinched. The instructions that come with it are pretty good.

gps_connector.jpg

zzwhip.gif

ok- tommorow is supposed to be clear and sunny and i'm off.
will try to install the GiPro w/ATRE. then planning to ride for
the day. thanks for the info- i think i can do it. you guys are
great- i love this forum. i'm meeting up with a buddy and let
him ride my harley and another with a ZRX. should be a great
day. thanks again. next mod= frame sliders
SHOCKED.gif

everything worked out great. GiPro w/ ATRE installed and just returned
from our ride. i really like the gear indicator. riding more "efficient" now
that i know what gear i'm in. as far as smoothing out the 1st 4 gears power band- i can't tell much difference. derestricting the 186 MPH
chip is a moot point for me. that being said: a great product IMO.

Glad it installed OK, no more shifting into 7th huh?
laugh.gif

As for the sliders, lot's of tips on installing those on the org.

Back