GIpro w/TRE & Speedhealer Install?

flynlow

Registered
I've never put a wrench to my '03, that's about to change. I needed a chain and sprockets and I decided to go +3 on the rear. Which led to the need of the Speedohealer. I figured may as well do the GIpro w/TRE while I have things apart. I read Omslaw's thorough post on the SH install but haven't found much on the GIpro. What I've found looks simple enough though.
Is there anything I should know before installing these? ???

unplug a 3 prong (gear indicator) connector....plug in the male and female sides of the connectors from the gi-pro to the ones u unpluged...run red wire to batt+ and your done...once installed press and hold the button untill the number blinks...press the button how ever many times you need to untill it blinks 5...then leave it alone...now the bike will think its in 5th gear....

the gi=pro has 4 settings...4 for 4th gear map, 5 for 5th gear map, 6 for 6th gear map, and - wich means its turned off
the 5th gear map is the one you want

Last edited:
That's where I get paranoid. It sounds to easy. Electronics have never been my thing, so I'm hoping to gather as much as possible before diving into this. Thanks for your encouraging replies. :thumbsup:

It is too easy! The connectors only fit together one way. The hardest part(s) I found were getting to the bike's connector, deciding where to route the cable and where to place the display on the instrument panel. Ended up placing it on the tach.

Photo_020310_001.jpg

Photo_020310_001.jpg

Has anyone done a 'button mod' for the speed recall as LiLtroy did? I'm liking that idea! Looks very clean, but which 'button' do you use and where do ya get it?

Back