Kickstand mod

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I have parked my bike on a perfect surface, an uneven parking lot surface, driveway, had the tires on grass - kickstand on a cemented sidewalk... no tips.

I think people that have had their busa fall while parked either had someone tump it over on them or they just don't know how to park a bike.

I've always parked a street bike by first (obviously) putting the stand down. Then I get off, use my right foot to push the stand as far forward and to pull it out to the bike's left as far as possible while pulling on the left handlebar grip to get the bike "stuck". It always worked for my katana 600 and it's working fine for the busa...

So... over time does the kickstand just get worn down or something? If not... then I don't see any reason for my bike to tip over on its own. So I won't be scraping off metal to change it.

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: "because i felt like it"|1151480376 -->

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I take it you had your bike tip over, then... lol!

Has anyone had their 06 just tip over all by itself? I haven't. I don't think mine will, either. Or am I wrong and the busa ghost will somehow find a way to tip my bike over on me when it's just parked in my garage?

rock.gif

rock.gif

Rather than do the mod,I opted to replace it with an adjustable one.
IMO,the bike stands too straight up,and it doesn't lock in foward enough.
Sooner or later it will bite ya.

Never had my '06 tip over. But then I did the kickstand mod as soon as I got her home.

It seems a little odd to me that so many people would feel that the mod is neccessary - but you assume that they all just don't know how to park thier bike, after having yours less than a week. I am not trying to get on you here - rather, I am suggesting that you might reword yor comments so that they don't just fly in the face of, oh I don't know, the whole board? I understand that you don't see the value of the mod - hey no sweat, don't do it. Lot of people don't see the value of sliders either....
Anyway, it would be difficult to say that other sport bikes are the same as Busas, the weight and angle of the bike when parked. I don't remember any kickstand post here recommending that the mod be done on Katanas or other sportbikes, so maybe you have a point there... maybe there isn't a problem. To some people, the mods value is piece of mind, to some it is a product of experieince; do it or don't it is your call. I gather from your post that you want to know any specific reasons for doing the mod, and you ask that question at the end of your post, why not start with that instead of essentially calling a bunch of people that you don't know idiots?

Just my .02

Why all that talk over that mod???

You feel unconfortable with the stock sidestand angle... Do it, it's easy and almost free.

You don't think it's necessary... Don't do it.

Why waste so much time trying to convince each other on that subject... AGAIN!

AAAssjani.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151500702 -->

I have not done the mod and have never had the 02 or the 06 fall over but that doesn’t mean I’m going to call everyone who has done the mod stupid.

<span style='color:blue'>All i can say is it must be the??? Lack of a hard stand! I would use them on my few other bikes that had them so never had this happen! But thinking of it i never had any of the few H.D's  Bandit, Intruder tip ! The Busa side stand has a prob! One little bump from behind and down it went in slow motion so i had time to feel the HORROR/TERROR of it!!! This one has more to hurt than any other i owned! I am surprised that Zuki hasn't addressed this prob! I also noticed that on the R-side by fwd/top eng mount area where the slider goes thru the fairing, has the insulation missing like the slider was going there from the factory! I think they should put a hole there OEM! A nice Busa hole plug would be a nice touch if you didn't want them.</span>  
rant.gif

Never had mine tip over but it nearly did once ..Caught it just in time as i was parked on a slight incline ..Did the mod ..No more worries ..

It's free and easy to do..

As standard it's to straight and insecure on anything other than flat ground...

Still...It's your choice..

out_of_hole.gif

I have parked my bike on a perfect surface, an uneven parking lot surface, driveway, had the tires on grass - kickstand on a cemented sidewalk... no tips.

I think people that have had their busa fall while parked either had someone tump it over on them or they just don't know how to park a bike.

I've always parked a street bike by first (obviously) putting the stand down. Then I get off, use my right foot to push the stand as far forward and to pull it out to the bike's left as far as possible while pulling on the left handlebar grip to get the bike "stuck". It always worked for my katana 600 and it's working fine for the busa...

So... over time does the kickstand just get worn down or something? If not... then I don't see any reason for my bike to tip over on its own. So I won't be scraping off metal to change it.
<span style='color:darkblue'>I kinda thought the same thing! But down it went in garage, 5 mos old! Never had a bike do it before! So be honest when it happens to you (and it will) add one more post to your count! I now park it with the f-tire against a shelf for a stop. @ a parking spot where-ever, its in gear, locked with the bars turned to the left which seems to make it harder to come off the cheezy designed stand!!! It took me to the week before .. this  (*7 days,*) been all over The Dragon & area To put the hole in my plastic and install my cheezy sliders! Whew what a stroke of luck, minor rashed L-mirror, broken clutch lever! and it broke after i tried to bend it straight!! </span>
soapbox.gif

Funny,when I bought my brand new 06..I ask my dealer salesman if they had done anything to address this issue and he told me it was fixed......

NOT!!!

Back