Shortening Kickstand for Lowered Bikes

PaLVBusa

Registered
Has Anyone modified the OEM kickstand when they lowered their bikes? My bike is lowered 1" front and back and im scared to death everytime i park on anything that is not 100% flat; however, I cant see spending over 100bucks for a kickstand.

I have a friend that is an awesome welder, I just need to figure out how much to cut off so it wont be too steep of an lean.

Any thoughts?

before the days of adjustable kickstands we would mark, chop n weld the kickstands. Make sure it's done right or the weld could be weak.

i would think you could use the kickstand mod without cutting the kickstand to make it stand better, since your only lowered an inch anymore and i think may be you might need to cut the stand. you can find the mod if you do a search:thumbsup:

You know search every day for dumb stuff and never once thought about using the dang search engine for this :banghead: :Stupid:

Thanks guys, I found what I needed.

Glad you found it, I went through this already. I priced out the kickstands and just couldn't see my self handing out that kinda money. Beutiful kickstands just not in the budget. Took mine to a welder had it done for under 30 bucks. Cut it just below the little stick lever you use to release it with your foot. Then welded the foot back on it.

Back