Full Service Fluids

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I took Blusa out yesterday with my sons which we both now have a flashed ECU from Rob @Boosted Cycle Perf. Bikes run really smooth and very happy for Rob's work. The Busa was already smooth but somehow its just smoother now. Very nice!

I flushed/changed Brake/Clutch fluid today and a good bath and polish. Cleaned and oil the chain.

Tried out my used but new to me CONSTAND Spyder and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a part. I can only lift it high enough to get the rear tire off the ground but not the front. I'll have to make contact with a US distributor to try and figure out what is missing. It was a very productive day.

I just ordered some new radiator hoses for the Gen I and I'll do a full service on it ASAP.

nice bike and nice work - more or less outside / for eyes (only) .

but what´s up to the fork oil
or the grease in the suspension link´s & swing arm roller bearings.?

all that oil/grease is based on mineral oil
and that oil/grease ages.
after 4-5 years it is old and can´t lubricate as necessary.

open a 5 or more year, never before opened , fork and take a nose-full of the fork´s smell.
the stench / reek / pong will strongly remind you of a sewer (or so) and will tell you all the truth .
i only hope your stomac is strong enough not to send all the food to the sunlight (puking).
- for comparison, smell new fork oil ;) and watch the color of old and new oil. :shocked:

btw :
the fork oil seals should be changed at the latest after ~ 8-10 years - they simply harden over the years and may to begin to "leak", means they emit oil out very thin in very little amounts at some point and the fork is oily.

the milage is not so very meaningful - i had busas on my lift for oil change with over 90,000 km and not "leaking" seals.
but caused by the age and the mileage i replaced the oil seals as well.

Thank you Rob. My youngest son with the F4 just upgraded his chain and and knows to well about the less rotational mass. I'll get one ASAP and the tool that C10 used for the job and knock that out this summer. Both of us would like to see a turbo on our bikes and I'm sure that will be in our futures.

Glad y’all are enjoying the ecus. Amazing what just a Reflash can do huh? Again sorry it took so long.

I strongly suggest getting rid of the stock chains.

Reactions: c10
I've never serviced the FORK Oil and now you have me worried. I'll have to look at the vids and hope I can accomplish it. The Gen 1 of course is a 2004 I bought new. So, it surely needs a change of fluid. Thanks for the inputs.

nice bike and nice work - more or less outside / for eyes (only) .

but what´s up to the fork oil
or the grease in the suspension link´s & swing arm roller bearings.?

all that oil/grease is based on mineral oil
and that oil/grease ages.
after 4-5 years it is old and can´t lubricate as necessary.

open a 5 or more year, never before opened , fork and take a nose-full of the fork´s smell.
the stench / reek / pong will strongly remind you of a sewer (or so) and will tell you all the truth .
i only hope your stomac is strong enough not to send all the food to the sunlight (puking).
- for comparison, smell new fork oil ;) and watch the color of old and new oil. :shocked:

btw :
the fork oil seals should be changed at the latest after ~ 8-10 years - they simply harden over the years and may to begin to "leak", means they emit oil out very thin in very little amounts at some point and the fork is oily.

the milage is not so very meaningful - i had busas on my lift for oil change with over 90,000 km and not "leaking" seals.
but caused by the age and the mileage i replaced the oil seals as well.

Has noth
Thank you Rob. My youngest son with the F4 just upgraded his chain and and knows to well about the less rotational mass. I'll get one ASAP and the tool that C10 used for the job and knock that out this summer. Both of us would like to see a turbo on our bikes and I'm sure that will be in our futures.
Has nothing to do with rotational mass. Has to do with stock chains snapping.

Had a customer buy a brand new 2013 red LE, and chain snapped 300 miles in. Wiped out the cases. Have had a few others have the same issue with stock chains.

My chain was extremely sloppy and loose, likely not touched by the prior owner (300 miles on it). Can this cause the breakage issue Rob?

My chain was extremely sloppy and loose, likely not touched by the prior owner (300 miles on it). Can this cause the breakage issue Rob?

It certainly doesn’t help.

In my opinion I think stock chains breaking has to do with a quality control issue from whoever makes the chains. It seems more common on the gen 2s. But I’ll have bikes come in with 15k and stock chains. But on the other hand I’ve seen them break in just 300 miles, and sometimes a few thousand.

$200 for a new chain is a lot cheaper then replacing cases.

Gotcha Rob. Multiple reasons to replace. I'll get us one ASAP.

It certainly doesn’t help.

In my opinion I think stock chains breaking has to do with a quality control issue from whoever makes the chains. It seems more common on the gen 2s. But I’ll have bikes come in with 15k and stock chains. But on the other hand I’ve seen them break in just 300 miles, and sometimes a few thousand.

$200 for a new chain is a lot cheaper then replacing cases.

I took Blusa out yesterday with my sons which we both now have a flashed ECU from Rob @Boosted Cycle Perf. Bikes run really smooth and very happy for Rob's work. The Busa was already smooth but somehow its just smoother now. Very nice!

I flushed/changed Brake/Clutch fluid today and a good bath and polish. Cleaned and oil the chain. View attachment 1616075

View attachment 1616076

View attachment 1616077

View attachment 1616078

View attachment 1616079

View attachment 1616080

View attachment 1616081

View attachment 1616082

View attachment 1616083

View attachment 1616084

View attachment 1616085

View attachment 1616086

View attachment 1616087

View attachment 1616088

View attachment 1616089

Tried out my used but new to me CONSTAND Spyder and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a part. I can only lift it high enough to get the rear tire off the ground but not the front. I'll have to make contact with a US distributor to try and figure out what is missing. It was a very productive day.

I just ordered some new radiator hoses for the Gen I and I'll do a full service on it ASAP.
How many miles do you have on your 2015?

Going to go with this chain at $170 unless there is a better one out there and or a suggested vendor?
https://sprocketcenter.com/motorcyc...duty-x-ring-chain-7-colors-choose-length.html

Only about 1700. She is still new.

How many miles do you have on your 2015?
Glad y’all are enjoying the ecus. Amazing what just a Reflash can do huh? Again sorry it took so long.

I strongly suggest getting rid of the stock chains.

Back