Clutch fluid flush

OK, now that we have all this valuable info someone here give us a detailed "How-To" on flushing the fluid, refilling, and bleeding the system for maximum effectiveness.

Its the same as any brake sys! Not to be a smart A$$ but the results of someone not doing the rite thing to their bike or just a misunderstanding can be catastrophic. So get a bud that does know or take it to the shop. Easiest way is to flush, then fill from the caliper back to reservoir.
argue.gif

Well, I just flushed my fluid. I'm amazed that something didn't get stuck or clogged. The old fluid was NASTY. As I drained the resevior I found what I would consider to be a large amount of contaminaints.

All is flushed, bled, and back together. It's clear and beautiful now.

The clutch performance didn't improve any though. It still wants to release towards the end of the lever's throw.

So are you seeing faster breakdown of fluid with SS lines versus the OEM junk? I'm switching to SS REAL soon and just curious.

I had this prob on my Bandit. Fluid got ugly fast. Then the lever started feelin funny. Found the return spring in the master broken. After installing the kit the fluid went back to taking a while to look crappy. How long do you run your car with brown lookin fluid in it? Cost more for a ABS system than even the waveys do for your Busa!
beerchug.gif

Hi, i know this is an old thread but are you still able to supply these slave cylinder/push rod sleeves?

Back