Full exhaust systems

Mike Chambers

Registered
I have a question around full exhausts and what's available. 4 into 2 into 1 header system in particular, I presently have yoshimura R77 which are a good system, unfortunately the only 4 /2/1 system yoshimura USA are making come with the AT2 muffler, there is no indication on when or if they will build a system for their other mufflers. I heard indifferent opinions on Hindle/ Brock and from an english company called Max Torque exhausts which do build a full system with a choice of at least 6 different mufflers, the system is built out of stainless steel. Any points of view gratefully appreciated.

I currently have 8 Yoshi cans on various bikes, 4-2-1, 4-1, twin cans, full systems. Not a fan of the Yoshi cans or Gen-3 Busa full system. Don’t like the can and recent Yoshi link pipes and heat shields look messy and clumsy.

Im looking at various options, Brocks are too loud for what I want and do. So far the Akra 4-2-1 is my favourite, looks OK, performance and weight gains, not stupid loud.

I have a question around full exhausts and what's available. 4 into 2 into 1 header system in particular, I presently have yoshimura R77 which are a good system, unfortunately the only 4 /2/1 system yoshimura USA are making come with the AT2 muffler, there is no indication on when or if they will build a system for their other mufflers. I heard indifferent opinions on Hindle/ Brock and from an english company called Max Torque exhausts which do build a full system with a choice of at least 6 different mufflers, the system is built out of stainless steel. Any points of view gratefully appreciated.
I have an AT2 full on mine. Love the look and sound.

Look into the Japanese yoshi systems. People speak highly about the options they have

Reactions: pcs
I currently have 8 Yoshi cans on various bikes, 4-2-1, 4-1, twin cans, full systems. Not a fan of the Yoshi cans or Gen-3 Busa full system. Don’t like the can and recent Yoshi link pipes and heat shields look messy and clumsy.

Im looking at various options, Brocks are too loud for what I want and do. So far the Akra 4-2-1 is my favourite, looks OK, performance and weight gains, not stupid loud.

Look up the m4 tech 1 system. Makes good power across the board. Not loud and obnoxious. No one else practically is running them. I went Penta carbon to m4 to Arata and loved my m4. Magic Mike from Quikcycles who builds ungodly drag bikes has one on his and for a long time my stance was if it’s good enough for him it’s more than good enough for me. I just wanted more volume

69A582E9-EF8E-4C68-980D-CAA45870817F.jpeg

Look into the Japanese yoshi systems. People speak highly about the options they have
We import yoshimura from America, I spoke to Dan Frazen when I visited the place in 2017, all our information states at present the only 4 into 1 system being built for for the gen3 busa has the AT 2 muffler. I will check to see if we can import from Japan.

We import yoshimura from America, I spoke to Dan Frazen when I visited the place in 2017, all our information states at present the only 4 into 1 system being built for for the gen3 busa has the AT 2 muffler. I will check to see if we can import from Japan.
Ah I didn’t realize you were in the states. If you can’t get imported if you want you can ship it to me and I’ll ship it to you. Pretty sure in Japan they have R77 systems still

Yosh Japan has the better option for sure. By the end of summer they are going to have a 4-2-1-2 system like they had for the Gen 2. This will not be inexpensive and will be made of full titanium. From the photos I saw it is a work of art. I posted photos somewhere on the org. Ill try to find them and post back here.

Look up the m4 tech 1 system. Makes good power across the board. Not loud and obnoxious. No one else practically is running them. I went Penta carbon to m4 to Arata and loved my m4. Magic Mike from Quikcycles who builds ungodly drag bikes has one on his and for a long time my stance was if it’s good enough for him it’s more than good enough for me. I just wanted more volume

View attachment 1667621
It looks good, its curious that their listing states 2008/23 , obviously my suspicion is correct that the bikes have identical exhausts, thus any system built for the gen2 will fit gen3? , are you able to confirm on your bike the diameter of the link pipe? Is it 54mm dia, ? . Cheers mike

It looks good, its curious that their listing states 2008/23 , obviously my suspicion is correct that the bikes have identical exhausts, thus any system built for the gen2 will fit gen3? , are you able to confirm on your bike the diameter of the link pipe? Is it 54mm dia, ? . Cheers mike
The m4 is now sold but yes any Gen. 2 exhaust will bolt up to a gen 3. The o2 sensors are different diameter between the two but they make bushing adapters to go from the larger Gen. 2 style to the smaller gen 3. Or if you’re tuned you remove the o2 sensors anyway and it doesn’t matter

I have an AT2 full on mine. Love the look and sound.
Have you had any issues with rear plastic melting/warping? I have a fender eliminator, and the 4-2-1 AT2 and the Dyno tuning shop sent me a pic. Part of the rear plastic is warping from the exhaust heat. I assume from no or low air flow, but also from angle of the exhaust. Photo attached.

PXL_20230614_192944464.jpeg

The m4 is now sold but yes any Gen. 2 exhaust will bolt up to a gen 3. The o2 sensors are different diameter between the two but they make bushing adapters to go from the larger Gen. 2 style to the smaller gen 3. Or if you’re tuned you remove the o2 sensors anyway and it doesn’t matter
the o2 sensors are the same diameter, some of the older gen2 exhausts have a car o2 bung that is bigger. car wide band o2 sensors can be used to get desired a/f ratios. i used an adapter on my gen 2 brock’s exhaust wide band o2 bung to use the oem sensor.

IMG_7199.jpeg

We import yoshimura from the U.S. A , I've looked at what's available, many have been discontinued ( 4/3/1 R77) which is what I prefer has been discontinued according to Don Frazen.only the AT2 full system is available for the gen 3. I have heard that any system off the gen2 is compatible apart from the O2 sensor.

Back