Fuel tank has hard greyish bumps all over the inside.

Spoke with the owner of the dealership who sold me the bike. He told me when they took the bike in on a trade it was sitting for over a year not being used.

The tank had signs of corrosion starting so at the dealership they lined the tank to prevent any further corrosion. On my last ride the bike had some hesitation when cracking open the throttle. When driving normal the power delivery felt smooth.

Spoke with a suzuki mechanic and he mentioned running injector cleaner through 2 tanks of gas. Have plugs and air filter ordered. Gonna wait to see if that helps. If not its gonna be aftermarket fuel pump and fuel filter mod.
Run some seafoam thru it or I think someone just told @rubbersidedown about some even better fuel system cleaner that will probably do the trick. If it's been sitting and wasn't rode correctly im sure the secondary injectors are dirty.

I took it for granted that the bike was suppose to be fully serviced coming from a reputable dealership thats been around since the 80's.
(...)

sorry when i answer with an ha ha ha.

ALL dealers only watch the maintenence table - the never look over the plate´s / dishes end.

what´s up to fork oil ?
what´s up to all the grease in the swing arm needle bearings?
what´s up to the bearings in the steering?
what´s up to the bearings in the rims?

and it doesn´t matter what year of construction the busa is.

i had some of em brand new from manufactory and standing then for four years in the showroom.
the fork oil was very near to bad /crap cond. - my! favorite oil manufacturer writes the fill in date and the best before date onto its bottles - i bought 6 a week ago and what was written?
in 04/2020 - b.b 03 2025 - so they give 5 years for the oils life.
open the fork standing 4 years in the showroom and take a smell - puke may come up - believe in me.

When I repurchased my first B-King, the bike had been used very sparingly by the interim owner and then not very hard when he did. When I picked it up, the bike would hesitate badly after 6000rpm or so on a wide open throttle. I figured that the secondary injectors were gummed up from lack of use so I ran Chevron concentrated injector cleaner through the bike and within one tank of gas, it cured itself. Good stuff that cleaner.

If the bike runs as it should and the fuel filter isn't clogging up I say don't worry about it and just keep an eye on it:super:
In the meantime keep an eye out on the internet for a nice used one to pop up for sale if it worries you:beerchug:

If your worried add a external fuel filter, pump, and regulator. Then when you get a turbo you have done 1/2 the work.

like Rubb said you can pull filter. That crap would have to pass through the filter before it got to your injectors.

Back