Front Tire Removal ?

tcat

Registered
Am I to assume I need a 24mm wrench to remove my front tire ? This is my first Suzuki and I have never encountered this situation before. 19mm wrenches are readily available but I've yet to find a 24mm. Is there another way to remove the tire ? Thank You in advance for your help.

Yep, an allen wrench or a hand grenade.
wink.gif
Some have made their own front wheel removal tool usin' a bolt with the correct size head and two nuts jammed together. I think Warbaby ( email him at tom@veltune.com ) has made his own tool. He could prolly tell you what you need to get to make one. You can get the actual purpose built tool through your dealer (for $$$$$$$$), and usually on ebay (unknown quality?).
wink.gif

wink.gif

Veltune site shows how to make that tool.Snap on tools makes both a 22mm and 24mm allen socket for this. I have done it using both tools. Way cheaper to make it yourself.

Toooooooooo EZ man !!

Go to Home Depot, or your fav hardware store.

Purchase a 5/8-11 Hex Head Bolt, length doesn't matter much, minimum of 2" length though. Get 2 ea 5/8-11 nuts to go with it. Put both nuts on the thread of the bolt, locktite them and also torque them together, locking them HARD.

There is your tool, and costed you under $1.00.

Thanx for the replies. I used the bolt and 2 nuts method and it worked great. Thanks to all. TCAT

Back