I need to remove my front tire

rtvegas

Registered
I need to remove my front tire.. I was told to use a 24mm Allen.. Well, I bought it and come to find it's too large...  

Checked the Owners Manual.. it doesn't specify what size to use..

Please advise.. Thanks!  
smile.gif

(rtvegas @ Sep. 24 2007,15:21) I need to remove my front tire.. I was told to use a 24mm Allen.. Well, I bought it and come to find it's too large...  

Checked the Owners Manual.. it doesn't specify what size to use..

Please advise.. Thanks!  
smile.gif
There was a member here that sold hex stock cut down especially for this purpose. There are alternatives though. I have had good luck with a Bolt and two nuts I beleive they are 5/8 SAE. Like $2 at a hardware store.

Searched under AXLE TOOL.

(stlbusarider @ Sep. 24 2007,15:43) It is a 24mm.  Does it fit close or not at all.
Maybe I need to exchange my 24mm for another..  I can't even fit in the tool.. see pic.

<center>
P9240221.jpg

</center>

(rtvegas @ Sep. 24 2007,15:52)
(stlbusarider @ Sep. 24 2007,15:43) It is a 24mm.  Does it fit close or not at all.
Maybe I need to exchange my 24mm for another..  I can't even fit in the tool.. see pic.

<center>
P9240221.jpg

</center>
The 5/8 bolts mentioned abover fits perfectly(!) in the stock axle. I think it takes a 13/16 Box end whcih winds up being like 20.6375mm.

Are you talking about a 5/8 bolt head or diameter. A bolt with a 5/8 head will not work on my 04. The 24 in the picture will fit it just needs some persuasion

(stlbusarider @ Sep. 24 2007,16:10) Are you talking about a 5/8 bolt head or diameter. A bolt with a 5/8 head will not work on my 04. The 24 in the picture will fit it just needs some persuasion
This is the setup- a 5/8" Moly bolt (not necessary but it was handy) with two Nylock Nuts cinched together on it. It takes a 13/16" Box end. Sorry for the confusion.

DSCN0017.JPG

i just did this with a 5/8 bolt and two nuts and alot of elbow grease to break her free.worked like a charm

also can use a spark plug scoket. hex side in axle.
thats what i used

i just use a 5/8 interior thread rod coupler. cost me 2 bucks and works like a charm!!! it uses a 15/16 socket on the coupler...

Back