front fender removal?

jpracecraft

Registered
I need to remove my front fender to paint it but it appears that the front wheel has to come off to do so. I would love to be wrong if anyone has a trick up their sleeve. The manual has full detail on removal of all plastics but the front fender. It only mentions removal front fender under break down  of front susp.  Thanks Guys.

i took my fender off before i removed my front wheel
I think there where 3 screws on each side then there were clips from the brake lines that you have to squeeze from the bottom with some needle nose pliers

Never removed the front fender, but I read a thread where some guys were removing front fender to remove tire. Guess their stands didn't give the needed clearance.

Should come off with tire on.

Couple bolts and it will come off with the wheel on. Just have to squeeze it through the forks.

Thankx I was hoping so. It looked like I could slip it out . Just didnt want to get everything loose just to realize it wasnt gonna happen without dropping the wheel.

Three allen head bolts on each side, squeeze it and slip it through the forks. When I removed the fender, I took off the rivitted brake line holder, used tie wrap instead (if needed) to make it easier to remove the next time.

As above remove the cable clamps total from the fender by drilling out the rivetts, if you dont do that then wrap something around each for leg as it will scratch both fork when you pull the fender through the gap.

Yep , Rivets came out easier than expected too. I just knew they were going to spin on me but no.I said screw it and ripped the whole plastics off and decided to custom paint the 07. Im seeing alot in black so I gotta go custom black. Thanks for your help guys.

Back