08 Front Fender Removal

sideswipe

Registered
Anyone removed their front fender? I remove the 6 bolts but there is a clip or something attached to the fender that holds the brake line that I cant seem to find a way to unclip. Any help is appreciated.

There is a 10mm Bolt on the back of the clip that holds the brakeline on the right side of the fender. It's a pain in the a** to get to. There is also a plastic clip that pops out on top of the rear part of the fender that holds the brakeline going to the left side Once you get that off gently squeeze the fender out between the forks.

Coupla questions...how the hell do I get to the bolt? How do I pop that plastic clip out? Do I need to squeeze from underneath? I dont wanna break anything..

I used a 10mm racheting wrench to get to the bolt and I pushed the plasticlip out from the inside with a flat head screwdriver. Being the type of clip it is you can just prye it out with a flat head from the outside. Good luck it was a little frustrating the 1st time I did it.

I'll second that a royal pain. I left mine off after I installed the new brake lines not going through that again just to take the fender off.

Got the clip off, but I still cant easily get to that bolt. I use a 10mm wrench and loosened it a little but there has GOT to be an easier way (without taking the wheel off!). Is there a specific tool I should be using to get into such a tight space?? damn you Suzuki!

if u dont have access to a ratcheting wrench, i would think the 5 mins it takes to remove the front wheel would be time well spent.. just my .02....

I agree, but dont I need that special axle tool to remove the front wheel? I searched and saw something about using a bolt, does that method still work?

Ozzy beat me to it.  Front wheel removal is only practical way to do it.  Makes it EZ.
Absolutely accurate.

You run the risk of scratching your fork if you try to pry/force the fender from between them.

I do not recommend taking off the fender before removing the front wheel.

werd.gif

I took mine off with the front wheel on to add Speigler brake lines, no scratches ! I did not how ever reinstall that clip there was no need with the aftermarket lines. It would be extremely difficult to get it back on without taking the wheel off.

Thanks for all the tips and help guys, but do I need a special tool to take the wheel off? I dont have my service manual yet...

Got it off with the ratcheting wrench..thanks TA_GunSurgeon...and thanks for all the tips guys! What a PITA

I have just replaced the front fender on my Hayabusa as it came with the fender unattached by the previous owner. Took twenty minutes/ no damage to forks or paintwork and I certainly didn't have to remove the front wheel! Just gently squeeze the fender through the forks, from front to back and replace the allen head screws/ then gently squeeze the brake line back into the bracket and push the two other brake line brackets into the holes at the rear of the fender. Easy. Hope this helps. Steve:laugh:

Back