front fender

busafan08

Registered
I was trying to remove the front fender on my gen2 for something the other day but could not due to a last rivet or bolt on the center back of the fender any easy way to get the fender of ? :thumbsup:

It's just a clip that holds the brake line. It'll pop out of there. Real easy if the tire's off :laugh:

i hate it too. i cant get my bike high enough to remove the tire without first removing the fender bolts and lifting the fender up. to get the fender off is a pain. i need taller stands !!

i hate it too. i cant get my bike high enough to remove the tire without first removing the fender bolts and lifting the fender up. to get the fender off is a pain. i need taller stands !!

Just puy your stand up on blocks to get the extra height you need.

ya i might weld some extenders on my stand. i want to widen the base of it too. its not very stable. i wonder how much height i need

You don't have to raise the bike. ( I didn't have anything to raise mine). I replaced my front fender without any lifting. Didn't have to remove tire either. No scratches, no dings at all.

You don't have to raise the bike. ( I didn't have anything to raise mine). I replaced my front fender without any lifting. Didn't have to remove tire either. No scratches, no dings at all.

So how did you pull that clip that holds the brake line I found it hard to get my hand in there any tips ? :thumbsup:

The clip does not remove(riveted),you have to push the brake line up & out of the riveted clip.
Sometimes it(clip) even needs to be bent with pliers to allow the line enough room to move out of the clip.

ALSO: Pliers as a last resort.....needed only on my gen 1. Both gen 2's - it was able to be pushed out ,usually along with the rubber spacer,reverse on assembly with brake line and spacer together,should slide right in.

Back