How to remove the front fender

Bigdawg76

Registered
You know how when u start a project (a fairly easy project) and you start and just when u think your done u strip a bolt or lose it :banghead:. Turns a 1hr project into a 3hr project and completely messes up the flow of your day. Well this is how I felt about that darn plastic clamp that holds the break line to the top of the front fender and the one on the left side of the bike (when facing it). I had to remove the front fender in order to use my front jack (I have the stand that goes under the nose) I removed the 6 screws that hold the fender on and it was still snagging something, that’s when I learned of these two clamps. The top one was a pain but not as bad at the left side one. My big hands trying to screw that loose seem to take forever. I didn’t know such a small bolt could have that much thread. Well I won’t have to worry much about that screw anymore since I gave it a few choice words and flung it as far as I could throw it:laugh:. I would love to meet the engineer that thought that was a good idea.

Well I know this is a rant but I had to let it out, so sorry but thanks for listening

Also....there are Pinned threads for all the other fairing removals why not one for the front fender. I quick search shows that I’m not the only person that’s had a lil trouble with it.

When replacing my front tire I got everything off but the top brake hose clamp. I just pushed the fender up enough to get the wheel out. The side clamp is easy though, you just slide the brake line out on the open side of the clamp. It just snaps in.

Also, you shouldn't have to remove the front fender to use a triple tree stand. What brand is the stand?

I was also wondering why you took that bolt out instead out snaping the line out of it??? I have been known to though a few tools a time or two :whistle:

I forget what brand the stand is, and I did remove the line from the lil clamp. But when trying to put the stand under the nose it was rubbing the fronnt fender really bad. And if I applied preasure to lift it Im sure the front fender would have cracked. Thats the only reason I had to remover that clamp, otherwise the front fender would not come out.

I have a pit bull front lift stand that mounts under the triple tree. The front fender has to be removed in order to use it. I just purchased an '11 hayabusa and couldn't understand why the fender refused to come off. Now I know, thanks for the info.

Back