REPLACING THE HEADLIGHT

MADBUSA2002

Registered
I had the headlight burn out last night. I can't find the manual for thebike. Anyone replace on before? I did the obvious so far. Removed the plastic cover under the headlight area, above the front fender. Pulled the cable from the bulb. Removed the rubber boot on the bulb. Ther seems to be a retaining clip holding the bulb in. Whats the best way to get it off and out of the way.

Thanks in advance.

got it. pull down and towards the tank.
40__s.gif

... now the fun part, putting it back on.

Be careful w/ the high beam, it has a POS plastic retaining collar that costs $18 + a week to get it if it slips like mine did.:angry:

I am replacing my highbeam, but I can not figure out how that retaining clip goes in. Can you send a picture?
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(modog @ Jan. 05 2007,15:20) I am replacing my highbeam, but I can not figure out how that retaining clip goes in.  Can you send a picture?
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif
somewhere around here ther is a awsome pictorial by Omslaw for bulb replacement cant find it though maybe someone can

SHOCKED.gif

(ozz @ Jan. 05 2007,15:36)
(modog @ Jan. 05 2007,15:20) I am replacing my highbeam, but I can not figure out how that retaining clip goes in.  Can you send a picture?
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif
somewhere around here ther is a awsome pictorial by Omslaw for bulb replacement    cant find it though   maybe someone can
If i remember right after the retaining ring gos on, the metal clip simply snaps shut over the bulb to hold the bulb in place hope that helps some still looking for Omslaws instruction and pics
smile.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(MADBUSA2002 @ Jul. 22 2005,02:20) I had the headlight burn out last night.  I can't find the manual for thebike.  Anyone replace on before?  I did the obvious so far.  Removed the plastic cover under the headlight area, above the front fender.  Pulled the cable from the bulb.  Removed the rubber boot on the bulb.  Ther seems to be a retaining clip holding the bulb in.  Whats the best way to get it off and out of the way.

Thanks in advance.
when i did a bulb replacement some time back i removed the two inner panels, the windshied, and the gauges

then i could simply reach down and pull the bulbs

it was a sinch to do it like that instead of coming from the bottom

low beam has the spring, left side of spring press in and down the spring will hing out. high beam has a plastic retainer that the bulb twist into, it has three openings and the bulb has three legs that line up. also while you can get to them adjust your lights.

i didn't know you could get the plastic retainer for the high beam???

Where can i buy a plastic retainer for the highbeam does anyone have a picture. My bike dies not have a ckip or a retainer that screws on does anyone have a picture . I have been searching for 2 days please and thank you

Back