2001 front wheel removal

sidebusa

Registered
Just got my 2001 Busa and do not have shop manual yet. How does front axel come out?? No allen wrench holes just 27mm nut on right side. Looks to me that left side clamping bolts should be left tight to hold spacer and then remove axel from the right with the 27mm wrench. I have air impact wrench but do not want to use unless necessary. I kinow this may seem stupid but I have not been able to remove and do not want to mess any thing up. Thanks for your time.

<!--EDIT|sidebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098144631 -->

Loosen the 2 allen bolts(pinch bolts) on the front lower of the right side fork only. You are right, the 27mm bolt comes out from the right. You will have to take the brake caliper mounting bolts out and remove the calipers, but leave the hoses connected. If ya have any kids around the bike, put something between the brake handle and the grip so they cant squeeze it with the calipers off. From experience, that is when it will happen, but mine was a neighbors son

Thanks. Just wanted tp be certain that was how it worked. I tried 1/2 ratchet on it but it did not move, will put the impact wrench on it tonight. I guess that reason may be that bike is about 4 years old with original tire and front wheel has never been removed allowing thing to grow together. Again thanks for the reply.

Back