Front axle/wheel removal '99?

RobB

Registered
Hi,
How do I remove the front wheel on my bike?  
I've attached pics of the spindle.
The outer nut takes 27mm socket but there's no where else on the spindle I can put a socket / hex head.

Cheers

Rob

faxle1.jpg

faxle2.jpg

Hi,
How do I remove the front wheel on my bike?
I've attached pics of the spindle.
The outer nut takes 27mm socket but there's no where else on the spindle I can put a socket / hex head.

Cheers

Rob

faxle1.jpg

faxle2.jpg
Remove the calipers; two bolts each.

Sometimes it can help to remove the front two fender bolts on each side and loosen the rear ones. This will allow you to 'pivot' the fender up to give yourself a little more clearance to remove the tire/wheel.

Loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the same side as the hex head on the axle, should be the right side. Then turn the axle counter-clockwise to loosen. You may need to use a breaker bar to help, they can be on there tightly...

Once the axle is loose, hold the wheel and pull the axle out. You can then remove the wheel.

Hope this helps...

Hi - Thanks for the reply.
I'll give it another go - Had a breaker bar on it and it couldn't budge it.  I thought I must have been doing something wrong but now I know I'll just see if I can give it a bit more without putting my back out.  
smile.gif

Cheers

Rob

Hi - Thanks for the reply.
I'll give it another go - Had a breaker bar on it and it couldn't budge it. I thought I must have been doing something wrong but now I know I'll just see if I can give it a bit more without putting my back out.
smile.gif

Cheers

Rob
Omslaw's post hit it on the head. Make sure the two pinch bolts on the Hex head side are loose or you'll just tear up the head of the thing. Later model's used an internal (allen) hex instead of the external.

Back