#@!*% Suzuki engineers!

Mikey D

Registered
So I get my new meats and am taking the front wheel of my beautiful '02 ghetto Busa.  I look in my Suzuki manual and check out the procedure, easy.  I look for the hex nut that the diagram shows and only see a hex recess!  So I look in the apendix and it says, Use special tool, a 24mm hex wrench! (ya know, like an Allen key on steroids!)

A fuggin 24 mm hex wrench!

Where the he!! am I gonna come up with a 24mm hex wrench?!?

Of course the dealer has special tool #09900-18740, for $43!  In a week and a half!

What the he!! was wrong with using a hex nut?  Every bike on the planet (at least the ones I've worked on) uses a hex nut, including the '01 Busas!  Some silly azzed engineer thought this would be cool and decided to fug with the DIY guy.

Sonna ma biotches

Anyone know a store, vendor, supplier, retailer, black market gangsta that I can score one of these from?

I've tried NAPA, Checker, Auto Zone, Pep Boys and Sears.

Any ideas?

Check out www.veltune.com . Tom made (scroll to very bottom) and he shows how he made it. This question was covered just today in the forums.
laugh.gif

BTW, don't hold it in, Mikey. It ain't good for your health. Let us know what you REALLY think of the zook engineers. :jump:

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089416365 -->

Check out www.veltune.com . Tom made (scroll to very bottom) and he shows how he made it. This question was covered just today in the forums.
laugh.gif

BTW, don't hold it in, Mikey. It ain't good for your health. Let us know what you REALLY think of the zook engineers. :jump:
Thank BT!  You Da Man!

I was just about to order one from Snap-on, and be happy about paying $25.  They actually have a special tool for Suzuki front axels!

Snap on Hayabusa tool

This way is way cooler!

Once again, .org comes through!

Thanks again Chris, and Thanks to Tom at Veltune.

(I can't believe I didn't think of this myself.
blush.gif
)

laugh.gif

thats exactly what I did. went to the hardware store, and for about 3 bucks, I had my front axle tool.... a bolt with two nuts back-to-back (no prizon jokes plz). only loosen the axle bolts on the nut-side of the axle!

But of course, the home made tool is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and much cheaper!

why not take it to have the tire put on?
rock.gif
Cause I'm a po' school teacher and can save $50 and make sure it is done right by doing it myself.

Why do you want to know?
because if you were to spend 25.00 for a tool and 50.00 to mount and balance you would only be spending a net of 25.00.
Oh and don't forget this is 2004 you want a lighter busa you see how they are doing it. don't be pissed when you ask for something and you get it
laugh.gif

why not take it to have the tire put on?
rock.gif
Cause I'm a po' school teacher and can save $50 and make sure it is done right by doing it myself.

Why do you want to know?
because if you were to spend 25.00 for a tool and 50.00 to mount and balance you would only be spending a net of 25.00.
Oh and don't forget this is 2004 you want a lighter busa you see how they are doing it. don't be pissed when you ask for something and you get it
laugh.gif
Yeah but with the $3 bolt tool I'll save $47. Wahoo! Besides, even if I had to buy the $25 snap-on version, and only saved $25 this time. I have a feeling that this will not be the last front tire I change on her.

I understand the lighter thing. I thought the hollowed out caliper bolts were kinda kool. It just pissed me off that I couldn't do the job in the time I had alloted for it.

It'll happen tomorrow.

laugh.gif

thats exactly what I did. went to the hardware store, and for about 3 bucks, I had my front axle tool.... a bolt with two nuts back-to-back (no prizon jokes plz).  only loosen the axle bolts on the nut-side of the axle!
I did the same thing as cache.

Mikey, Suzuki just emailed me. They said they are very dissappointed and have fired the guy who came up with that design, being that now you've figured out how to keep from buying the special axle tool. They reassured me that they're aggressively seeking a replacement in the POTC department (Piss Off The Customer) to ensure that future designs will be impervious to cheap solutions...

tounge.gif

Mikey, Suzuki just emailed me.  They said they are very dissappointed and have fired the guy who came up with that design, being that now you've figured out how to keep from buying the special axle tool.  They reassured me that they're aggressively seeking a replacement in the POTC department (Piss Off The Customer) to ensure that future designs will be impervious to cheap solutions...

tounge.gif
Thanks LCW! That made me laugh.

I got the front on last night and took it to work (South Phoenix) to burn of the rest of the 208.

Check out the Burnout thread.

Back