Front Rotor Replacement

Just got back from a ride into the Park and learned that I won a set of EBC brake pads for my Caddy! EBC UK is a forum sponsor on the Caddy forum and started a photo contest during March and whoever won got a full set of brake pads for free! That’s over a $200 prize! :banana: Here’s the winning pic. The competition was just one other pic!:laugh:View attachment 1633764

With all the awesome scenery pictures you have given us over the years...this is the best one you submitted????

With all the awesome scenery pictures you have given us over the years...this is the best one you submitted????

Well, one more. Haven’t taken many pics of the car.
E5CD9532-F68C-4ED2-8A88-AFF3C74658A3.png

Unless you're going to ride the bike really hard ?, you might consider just an OEM rotor, proper bolts, OEM caliper, and EBC double H pads .

Don't forget to replenish the brake fluid as it probably needs it by now . You'll want the brakes in extreme situation so two rotors upfront is a must. :thumbsup:

Agree, avoid all the Chinese “crap” however, Arashi rotors are NOT crap. And until you actually know what you’re talking about, stop spewing forth your opinions as though they’re facts. Sheesh!

hy buddy

when I warned about chinese brake components,
i'm referring to the test of the brake levers from china which broke after only a short time of testing.

the video was even available in english here on the board, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore.

furthermore, I would personally never use brake components that have no Vehicle Type Approval (called "ABE" here in Germany) or no EC type approval (for europe) or, as an absolute minimum, a technical component report.

only with one of these 3 possible test certificates the brake components are tested officially for their durability by an office for material testing and thatby later on approved for road traffic.

so far i have not heard / read of any brake disc, brake lever, brake line or pad from china that have passed this test.

so i stick to my recommendation to never use brake components from china.

at the end : each his own - who wants can do a longterm test ;)

(...)
Don't forget to replenish the brake fluid as it probably needs it by now . You'll want the brakes in extreme situation so two rotors upfront is a must. :thumbsup:

sorry bros

following my (30 years) experiences, ;)
the level in the resrvoir reflects the degree of wear and tear on the pads almost 1:1
so, if the fluid is at lowest level in the reservoir the pads will be very close to their end
and should be replaced.
at the same time the entire fluid should to be replaced too. (what anyway should be done every 2nd year)

only replenishing is the wrong way because after a short while you´ll brake "iron on iron"
what 1st destroy your discs
and at 2nd you´ll possibly crash into any obstacle that causes you to pull the brake
because braking effect might be close to zero.

(...)
You'll want the brakes in extreme situation so two rotors upfront is a must.

yes!

with one disc alone at the front the brake seems to me only as a parking help.
i already tested this one-disc-brake - no thanks!

sorry bros

following my (30 years) experiences, ;)
the level in the resrvoir reflects the degree of wear and tear on the pads almost 1:1
so, if the fluid is at lowest level in the reservoir the pads will be very close to their end
and should be replaced.
at the same time the entire fluid should to be replaced too. (what anyway should be done every 2nd year)

only replenishing is the wrong way because after a short while you´ll brake "iron on iron"
what 1st destroy your discs
and at 2nd you´ll possibly crash into any obstacle that causes you to pull the brake
because braking effect might be close to zero.

yes!

with one disc alone at the front the brake seems to me only as a parking help.
i already tested this one-disc-brake - no thanks!
It wasn't open to a dissertation with your 30 years of experience. Cleaning out the brake system is an absolute must. Replenishing in this case means replacing.Fresh fluid, fresh pads, proper mounting hardware, and a good OEM rotor and it should put him in good working order.

(...)Cleaning out the brake system is an absolute must. Replenishing in this case means replacing.Fresh fluid,(...)

yes man in this combi i´m with u

sorry for my writing above, but some newbies may only replenish / fill up to upper reservoir´s mark
but won´t replace the fluid (DOT)
and this fault i wanted to get avoided
because it can cause the bad issues (iron on iron) i described above.

happy easter :)

Back