Complete brake system for Gen II ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Who makes components for the whole system ? I would like to replace rotors and calipers from one company and lines from another . Brembo makes rotors and monoblock calipers at reasonable prices but only for front ? Nothing from them for the rear ? No rotor or caliper ? I see Galfer ? I think they make all ?
Anybody have Galfer calipers or Rotors ? Are they a noticable improvement ?
Who makes a floating rotor for the rear ? What other brands are you guys using ?

what is the problem with the existing brakes? personally I think most of the complaints about the brakes are easy to fix.. I think they are the way they are on purpose to keep riders from tucking front tires when they get into trouble..

Try the EBC HH Extreme Pro pads.. (pretty $$) The have a .6 friction coefficent compared to the .4 of the regular HH pad..

No problem at all . For me they work fine . I already have EBC HH pads instlalled and they made a nice difference. As far as changing things , the only thing I really think needs to be done is some braided lines. If you look down thru fairing along right fork and squeeze the lever really hard you can actually see the oem rubber lines bulge !?
As far as the rest goes I was just :whistle::whistle

what is the problem with the existing brakes? personally I think most of the complaints about the brakes are easy to fix.. I think they are the way they are on purpose to keep riders from tucking front tires when they get into trouble..

Try the EBC HH Extreme Pro pads.. (pretty $$) The have a .6 friction coefficent compared to the .4 of the regular HH pad..

i think the brakes are ok for newish riders,but slowing the thing down in a hurry is a major problem,especially as i do a few trackdays on the k9.i think its mainly based on the rider whether the brakes are crap or not.also the bike bein a heavy old thing dont help the equation! ive uprated mine with hel lines,hh pads and radial res levers,sorted the problem out pronto! but ive seen the carbon ceramic disk setup for the very rich riders.:thumbsup:

I am more worried about stopping in time to avoid T boning a car . Here in Palm Beach county as in the rest of SoFla the main cause of motorcycle fatalities is a car pulling out in front of the bike . The roads are flat with most having three lanes on each side separated by a concrete median. There are strip shopping centers all down the side of most roads. All these lghts and sights combine to make it very difficult to see your one little headlght. I ride with my high beams on all the time as well as at least one finger on the lever .
Too many four footers in Town cars !

The 2009 GSX-R1000 brake system is a nice upgrade and less expensive then Brembo's. The Gixxer has mono block calipers that bolt right in place of the Busa's and the master cylinder assembly is a radial master that is more powerful then the busa. Add some custom SS lines, you'll need different end's. and HH pads and you have a great upgrade at a reasonable price.

Brake Tech makes a nice floating rotor and also great front rotors. let me know if you need a good brake kit.

I am more worried about stopping in time to avoid T boning a car . Here in Palm Beach county as in the rest of SoFla the main cause of motorcycle fatalities is a car pulling out in front of the bike . The roads are flat with most having three lanes on each side separated by a concrete median. There are strip shopping centers all down the side of most roads. All these lghts and sights combine to make it very difficult to see your one little headlght. I ride with my high beams on all the time as well as at least one finger on the lever .
Too many four footers in Town cars !

I've heard, but haven't personally confirmed, that Ford offers a "Senior Package" as an option on it's Crown Victoria model. Among other amenities in this package is the left turn signal system which constantly flashes.

Back