Front Rotors Float Bushings

I could hear and feel something making a noise in my front end when messing with the front suspension. When the front brakes are applied and barely moving the bike back and forth I could and hear and feel what sounded like either the steering head bearings or brake pads moving in the caliper. After further investiagtion noticed it what the front rotors moving on the gold float bushings:banghead:...

Question is:
I am surprised that they are wore out in 25K miles:banghead: How do you test these for wear? What is the gold bushings made from, brass or copper :dunno:

Aftermarket rotors, Bought some off ebay for 200.00

Yank, be cautious of anything new you buy off ebay. There is so much junk available with brand names (Knockoffs) that the buy must beware!

You should not be able to move your floating rotor fore & aft by hand. I have had a number of OEM rotors ware to the point I could hear the click of the rotor when applying the brake at slow speeds. I replace them at the point I can hear the clicking.

I'd suggest buying rotors from Tim (Pashnit) or another reputable dealer and have peace of mind. When you find cheap Galfer rotors on ebay chances are they didn't come from Galfer.

Yank, be cautious of anything new you buy off ebay. There is so much junk available with brand names (Knockoffs) that the buy must beware!

You should not be able to move your floating rotor fore & aft by hand. I have had a number of OEM rotors ware to the point I could hear the click of the rotor when applying the brake at slow speeds. I replace them at the point I can hear the clicking.

I'd suggest buying rotors from Tim (Pashnit) or another reputable dealer and have peace of mind. When you find cheap Galfer rotors on ebay chances are they didn't come from Galfer.

I went with Braking. I am glad you made me think twice before I sent a payment to Hochie Man Ying Choo.. I was very tempted to buy them purtee gold wave chinese rotors. what was I thinking after all the times I yell at people for going cheap on tires and brakes. Not worth it and for those that do run them I wish you the best of luck!
After hours of reading and researching I found Braking to best qaulity for my application and riding.
The price isnt cheap for the Braking SK2 Series Brake Rotor but neither is flipping azz over heels down the asphalt at 175+ mph! Should be a nice upgrade with the EBC HH pads.

After five years of successful results and winning seven world titles, Braking launches the second generation of their SK
SK2 has a directional aluminum carrier, which is 9% lighter than the previous one, a new profile for its outer ring thanks to cooperating with the strongest teams in the world, and a directional seat with a 14in angle
Provide FAST reaction and the best lever feel during racing conditions
Precise direction of rotation designed to permit better ventilation capability, maintaining the coolest temperature possible during aggressive use
Sold each

Braking_SK2_Front_Rotor_detail_1_600.jpg

Back