Cracked Front Rotors.

Damn, don't toss those rotors.

Give them to me and I'll wear those puppies out!

:beerchug:

You're stressing the rivets, too much weight being controlled by too little fastener.......

So when the chrome was added to the carrier surface which would make the spacing for the buttons tighter still allow enough play between the carrier / button / rotor?

I'm confused as to what your point is?

Are you saying the rider is Obese? ???

Ummmmm...errrr...uhhhhh....no.

Chrome or no chrome we're asking a fastener that is pressed (stressed) to start with, to put up with counterforces of gravity and momentum. You're metal stresses are going through the roof every time he hits the brakes hard and gets that entire 700+ pounds to rotate over the axis controlled simply by friction. You're rocking back and forth on that rivet with 700+ pounds. Get them hot, then get them hotter, and as the metal integrity compromises....stress fractures appear.....If you're going to pitch a Busa over it's front end, you might want to BEEF the rotors up....it's not a stunt machine, although I have seen Britton stoppie a Busa rather well.....

It's like building your first decent race motor, and hooking it up to a stock transmission with a heavy clutch.....chances are you'll sheer teeth at the ring, or spin gears on the main shafts....It's simple physics.....

Can't imagine what the link and swingarm pivot stresses are like when you drop that back end on the ground....."OH BROTHER".........

Last edited:
Back