Help Need Front Rotors

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
My left side front rotor got bent by a mechanic changing the tire. Anybody have a stock set laying around?

:beerchug:

Part Information:

SKU: 59210-33EA0
DISC, FRONT BRAKE (BLACK)

ok.. if the mechanic bent your rotor I would think he would be sore from you kicking his ass into high gear and getting you a new one....

hey make sure the thing is centered on the floaters.. if you are getting a head shake on braking, it could just be knocked out of alignment (I did mine).. an easy tap on the rotor to realign might fix the issue.. (and that is a tap, not a bang)

if that does not work, let me know and I have 3 sets already located..

hey make sure the thing is centered on the floaters.. if you are getting a head shake on braking, it could just be knocked out of alignment (I did mine).. an easy tap on the rotor to realign might fix the issue.. (and that is a tap, not a bang)

if that does not work, let me know and I have 3 sets already located..

B - I have the bike up on front stands and you can clearly see the warping on the left side (clutch side). Tim (WarbirdII) came over last night to take a look and he agrees but I will check that out.

I am going to have a talk with the mech this afternoon and I expect they will do the right thing but in lieu of them making an issue of it, I want to have an option that I have faith in.

thanks...

you could spin mine and see .250 runout on the sucker... (bumped during tire change) Just proceeded to "un-bump" it very carefully and took care of the issue.. had me worried for a bit..

Its a gen 1. Its pretty bad. When you spin the wheel you will get a little side to side wobble from the rotor. But his left rotor is more then that. He checked Busa Pebbles bike as a double check and it makes that nice even brake pad drag while it makes a few passes. Then he checked his and it gets hard to move and only makes at best 1 full revolution.

the runout can be deceptive due to the "floating" nature of the disk..

Yeah...the mechanic/shop should take care of that 100%.

Good luck!!!

If I had extras, they'd be yours.

The shop was great about it and is going to take care of it. They put my wheel back in the device and it was right against the rotor. It is a new local shop and the hed mech was not there at the time, the guy that did it had done a few but it turn out had never done a sportbike tire. He was also showing a new guy how to do it. Anyhow they are doing the right thing and the way I see it, crap happens and getting all pi$$ed will not get it fixed faster.

Thanks everyone.... :beerchug:

B- The sets you had a line on, how much are they asking for them?

Thanks, S

Sorry to hear. My mech ( me ) bent one changing a tire on the '06. $250.00 for the OEM rotor in '07. :laugh:

The shop was great about it and is going to take care of it. They put my wheel back in the device and it was right against the rotor. It is a new local shop and the hed mech was not there at the time, the guy that did it had done a few but it turn out had never done a sportbike tire. He was also showing a new guy how to do it. Anyhow they are doing the right thing and the way I see it, crap happens and getting all pi$$ed will not get it fixed faster.

Thanks everyone.... :beerchug:

THANK GOD....maybe the beast will get back to being nice....NOTE TO ALL...Don't let Dino's BUSA get messed up...He Bites!!

its really just a precaution but i take my rotors off before handing my wheel over to the tire changer, plus then i can clean them up real good and check them with the micrometer while they are off...I will use a red dot on the left and a blue on the right so they go back on the same way they came off

its really just a precaution but i take my rotors off before handing my wheel over to the tire changer, plus then i can clean them up real good and check them with the micrometer while they are off...I will use a red dot on the left and a blue on the right so they go back on the same way they came off
I would guess you risk more harm removing rotors than leaving them on the wheel... Not sure what the "pros" have to say about the practice..

the fasteners are not all that spectacular to start with (easily rounded out).. After pulling a couple sets of rotors off, I have had more issues with the fasteners than anything else. Not to mention it is rather time consuming..(Easily remedied for a mere $80 worth of Titanium fasteners)

I would not suggest the practice but if it works for you...

I have changed out dozens of tires without any harm to rotors..

OK so I received and mounted my new rotor. The shop was great about it and it was an honest mistake.

New problem, when I mounted the calipers back on the brackets they are still rubbing. Not like before when the rotorwas bent more like the breaks are being applied at about 15-25%. I have not bled them or really done anything yet. I bleed the breaks before when I thought that was the problem but I have not done it since putting the new rotor on.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back