Brake rotor help

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
I have a warped front rotor. The rotor works OK but the pad has some free play in it now and clicks, it drives me nuts. I found these on ebay and look nice. I cant afford the cost of new OEM's, galfer, brembos or anything like that. I dont race the bike. Does anyone have any experience with the CZR rotors? The price is right but is it worth it? Ill listen to the clicks of the warped one before I drop 4/5 hundred on a set of the real nice ones.

eBay Motors: NEW 2 BRAKE ROTORS DISC SUZUKI GSX GSXR TL1000 HAYABUSA (item 120379589134 end time Feb-23-09 18:57:00 PST)

It looks sweet ask the seller for more info,that price is good.For example warranty and etc

I was eyeballin' those on Ebay today too.....they look good.

If your rotors are warped does that cause any damage to the caliper? I would hate for you to buy rotors and still have to invest in calipers as well. Hopefully someone will chime in.

DD

Are you sure that they are warped, see this little blurb:

What causes 'Warped Rotors'?
Source: FAQ - TopBrakes.com Your source for performance brake pads for the street or track

Typically warped rotors are caused not by a failure of the rotor itself. Warped rotors (in most instances) are caused by the brake pads being operated at temperatures outside of their specified range. When the pads get too hot the pad material actually melts and 'fuses' itself to the rotor surface and creates a 'bump' on the surface of the rotor. In most cases this is not noticeable to the naked eye. This creates an annoying vibration when the brakes are applied.​

If so, I'd say that you have to replace the brake-pads (not calipers) also.

If thats the case i highly recommend EBC double H brake pads,Extreme EBC racing brake pads,Braking brake pads and gold fren brake pads

If you do rotors is it not a given that you also do the pads.. :whistle:

czr, I've never heard of them. Looking at the close up pics the quality looks like it can be improved. Check with some of the board sponsors if they have any deals on rotors and pads.

A set of EBC Prolites are a good alternative with a good standing for reliability. Adding a set of organic or HH pads, bedding them properly and enjoy. Little Nick the AMA Super Street Champion warped two OEM rotors at the drag strip on four passes with my bike last year it can happen.

Last edited:
They look pretty good. Hope someone has some first hand experience and can enlighten us.

I had a warped front a couple years ago. Just replace the one with factory part. Cheapest fix at the time.

I have the EBC HH's The extra heat from the HH pads have warped the stock rotor. I just might give these a try.

Stock is always the " Right Choice"

Running stock street bikes since 1982 , because I know I am not a better designer than the manufacturer.

Just a glorified parts changer here. :laugh:

Back