Front Rotor Replacement

Good evening,
I’m new to this forum. I have a 2003 Busa and it only has one front caliper and rotor on it. Is this a concern? I’ve seen other Busa’s with the same type of setup. Another question is if I was to go back with two front rotors and calipers, what type should I upgrade to? Please help fast thank you!!

Good evening,
I’m new to this forum. I have a 2003 Busa and it only has one front caliper and rotor on it. Is this a concern? I’ve seen other Busa’s with the same type of setup. Another question is if I was to go back with two front rotors and calipers, what type should I upgrade to? Please help fast thank you!!

My 06 had about 65,000 on it when I needed fork seals so I went with Arashi rotors, keeping the original calipers. Never had just one rotor. Those who do typically have a drag bike or a custom show bike. For a (ridden) street bike both rotors are needed. If I were to fully upgrade from OEM I’d probably look at Brembos along with a better master cylinder but that would be expensive. Do you still have the caliper?

Thank for reaching out. When I bought the bike it never had it. It’s always only had one since I’ve had it. Are these good ones? Which one out of these brands?

00D01DC7-508D-4696-AF4A-FC42BA24156D.png

@IllinoisConfidential

man?

a quick look (2 minutes) at the internet and the answer is that arashi is a chinese production

so what are you willing to risk?

your health or even your live?

don´t follow a friend´s ironic speech that say:
"let´s save money what ever it may cost later"

and if you are like me a few years ago, that the money is missing to buy good, decent brake parts, leave the bike (in the garage/workshop) and save some money until it is enough to buy the best parts - especially with the brakes, this can save your life and that of others.

brands (discs):
ebc / trw-lucas / brembo / original suzuki
means ONLY western producers / manufacturers - NEVER eastern like from china !

my strongest / best recommendation :
avoid all the chinese brake crap like "evil the holy water" !!!

Last edited:
@IllinoisConfidential

calipers

at the front i still use with best results (even at the race track) the tocikos at my ´00 busa together with the "organic" pads from ebc

but with one small caveat (restriction ) :
they have! to be completely dismantled and deeply cleaned every approx. 30-35,000 km
as described here
or
:shocked: super negatively here :banghead:
when cleaned they work perfectly.

so do this deep cleaning what ever second 6-piston tokico caliper you´ll buy
(the kawasakis are 1:1 similar to the suzukis´s)
FIRST (and to the old one too!)
I bet you will be totally surprised how much dirt you find inside .

in addition, the brake lines should definitely be replaced by steel braided
only from certified producers (e.g. like our german manuf. "www.probrake.de" or the us manuf. as goodridge - see the attachement)
and
you should build two long lines from the pump/master directly to the two brake calipers each.
the crossing line as with the original is definitely counterproductive
because this is a kind of air bubble collector, which then after a while may make the braking effect very spongy.

at last - have a "short" view at my homepage around the brakes. ;)

Attachments

• Goodridge Catalogue.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@IllinoisConfidential

man?

a quick look (2 minutes) at the internet and the answer is that arashi is a chinese production

so what are you willing to risk?

your health or even your live?

don´t follow a friend´s ironic speech that say:
"let´s save money what ever it may cost later"

and if you are like me a few years ago, that the money is missing to buy good, decent brake parts, leave the bike (in the garage/workshop) and save some money until it is enough to buy the best parts - especially with the brakes, this can save your life and that of others.

brands (discs):
ebc / trw-lucas / brembo / original suzuki
means ONLY western producers / manufacturers - NEVER eastern like from china !

my strongest / best recommendation :
avoid all the chinese brake crap like "evil the holy water" !!!

Agree, avoid all the Chinese “crap” however, Arashi rotors are NOT crap. And until you actually know what you’re talking about, stop spewing forth your opinions as though they’re facts. Sheesh!

Reactions: kml
I'd wouldn't be concerned about cheap rotors. Maybe a cheap master cylinder or cheap pads but I don't see what is likely to go life threateningly wrong all of the sudden with rotors. The Arashi rotors that resemble standard Galfer rotors are a little heavier than the Galfers.

I'd like to try some CF rotors. All of them are made in Asia and they are definitely not cheap.

I'd wouldn't be concerned about cheap rotors. Maybe a cheap master cylinder or cheap pads but I don't see what is likely to go life threateningly wrong all of the sudden with rotors. The Arashi rotors that resemble standard Galfer rotors are a little heavier than the Galfers.

I'd like to try some CF rotors. All of them are made in Asia and they are definitely not cheap.
My EBC rotors are awesome...

Just got back from a ride into the Park and learned that I won a set of EBC brake pads for my Caddy! EBC UK is a forum sponsor on the Caddy forum and started a photo contest during March and whoever won got a full set of brake pads for free! That’s over a $200 prize! :banana: Here’s the winning pic. The competition was just one other pic!:laugh:
1ED3DA38-CE5E-474F-82D8-D282D7EF2D23.png

Back