front end rattle?

hemi

Registered
i have had a slight front end rattle on my 08 since new. It only does it when i hit good bumps in the road, such as train tracks. Thought it was the windscreen at first, but still does it with my puig installed. Any simple things to check for. It's not too obvious and doesn't do it all the time, but if their is something simple to look for or tighten i will check it out. Not really worth tearing apart the front end and cluster to fix a little rattle, if ya know what i mean

fender looks good and bolted down. Sounds more like it's coming from the gauge/cluster area when it does it. I have tried holding the windscreen when hitting small bumps and it still does it, so i'm pretty sure it's not the windscreen rattling

Not sure if the Gen II and Gen I are the same but under neath the nose make sure all the push pins are in place sometimes those black panels rattle if they are not tight

mine has a rattle but i think it is caused by rocks hitting or moving arount in the front portion of the belly pan. Mine does it when I come out of my driver way. I have a 2 1/2 drop to the road. Mine tire has also spit rocks all the way up the forks past my head. Then again it was chip seal. Mine is one rattle and it is done no more till I ride it the next time.

I actually went to a shop about this a few times, and they blame it on the floating brake pads in the front... a few shops said the same thing. I just got a very loud exhaust and now I can't hear anything! :thumbsup:

Back