rattle from front end

07bluebusa

Registered
I just recently had my front brakes done for the first time.  the bike has 11,100 miles and its an 07.  I just started hearing a rattle when going over bumps with and with out the brakes and clutch pulled in. I checked everything out on the front end and everything is tight as can be.  I searched and found the steering dampner could be it. I was wondering of any other ideas on what i t can be.  It didnt start making the noise till about 75-100 miles after the brake job. OH yeah todays my 25th b-day.

What kind of brakes did you have installed? HH pads make a lot of racket. Make sure the calipers are on there tight. Also, you may wanna have someone look and make sure they reinstalled all the hardware that hold the pads in the caliper.

they were ebc pads and everything is tight as can be on the calipers. There isnt any play at all with them. I know those pads make alot of noise. But this rattle didnt start until almost 100 miles after having them installed.

Check to make sure there isn't anything in that black tray under the nose fairing... Seen that happen to cause rattling too!

My headlight popped out on me, not all the way out, just enough to make a bunch of noise.

And like said above, check the black trey, I've heard of rocks, and stuff from the road get caught up in there too.

My 2000 has a similar problem with a front end rattle, i have narrowed it down to a badly worn steering damper or well.. something to do with it anyway, when i grab hold of the damper it is very loose, but i can't tighten it? maybe check yours????

going to drop mine off at the local mech to get it sorted.

My '05 with EBC pads rattles too. I've narrowed it down to the pads. They are loose on the pin that holds them in place. The shims are in place.

Hmm, I have EBC HH pads on mine and havn't noticed a rattle. Check that all the little push pins are in both holes under the nose along with the front fender bolts. Everything else I can think of as maybe being the culprit have already been stated. Noise things are hard to guess without hearing them in person.

Back